Offseason Strength Program Paying Off For Van Ginkel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason Strength Program Paying Off For Van Ginkel

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

For Van Ginkel, one of the biggest champions of his game has been Outside Linebackers Coach Austin Clark.

"Austin Clark has done a great job with teaching me his technique and how to do a better job of setting the edge," Van Ginkel said. "Whether it be hand placement or my feet, not giving up ground but more attacking, I think that's really helped improve me this year."

The improvements are yielding tangible results on Sundays. Van Ginkel produced 11 tackles (four for loss), four quarterback hits and the aforementioned sack as a rookie. Now in Year 2, he has more than doubled his sack production (2.5), surpassed the tackle total (14), and is one more quarterback hit away from matching his 2019 total.

For Van Ginkel, one of the biggest champions of his game has been Outside Linebackers Coach Austin Clark.

"Austin Clark has done a great job with teaching me his technique and how to do a better job of setting the edge," Van Ginkel said. "Whether it be hand placement or my feet, not giving up ground but more attacking, I think that's really helped improve me this year."

The improvements are yielding tangible results on Sundays. Van Ginkel produced 11 tackles (four for loss), four quarterback hits and the aforementioned sack as a rookie. Now in Year 2, he has more than doubled his sack production (2.5), surpassed the tackle total (14), and is one more quarterback hit away from matching his 2019 total.
That's an impressive game for the young man.

For a late round, year two guy, he has done well with his opportunity.

I thought he was a fringe player at first, but it looks like after he has had some time to learn the job/scheme, he has played well when he has had the opportunity.

AVG is winning one-on-one battles and he is getting to the QB. On a few run plays even sealing the edge like an all-pro. With the emergence of AVG and Sieler, I think we will be fine without Godchaux.
He manhandled Kittle on a play or two lol. Kittle lined up to block him.

AVG is winning one-on-one battles and he is getting to the QB. On a few run plays even sealing the edge like an all-pro. With the emergence of AVG and Sieler, I think we will be fine without Godchaux.
Niether of those guys is going to eat his snaps.

If Davis got off his a$$, we might get by.

Great to see Andrew Van Ginkel making an impact. He's put on some muscle - playing smart, aggressive and more physical (but may need a haircut). With the addition of Kyle Van Noy the Dutch boys are very well represented.
Don't forget we also get Vince Biegel back from injury next season, as well.

Last edited:
Van Ginkel has been a pleasant surprise. He had some ugly moments early but there’s a good motor there.

Right now he’s been an upgrade over Biegel. Biegel made some plays but he’s stiffer and not the same level of a playmaker.

I am not anointing him yet. I’ve still got some skepticism but I’m rooting for him to truly be a ten sack guy. He plays hard, and that’s a great trait.

He wasn't appreciated as an undersized draft pick and really doesn't have a position, but he was part of the vision and it looks to revolve around quickness. Looks the part so far to me

Back
Top Bottom