Offseason Strength Program Paying Off For Van Ginkel | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason Strength Program Paying Off For Van Ginkel

AVG has improved a lot. I am still salty that the Patriots drafted Winovich at 77 one pick before we took Dieter at 78 though. They are fairly similar guys who play an undersized DE/OLB combo. Having Winovich would have locked down the spot we filled with Van Noy. Plus it would have been funny to see two LBs with the super long blonde hair running around the field.

Last edited:
I think the fact he was hurt last year hurt him.....he only played in a few games last season but showed some flashes. Now he's getting more playing time and he's playing well. We need that from him.

He showed the potential when he finally got some playing time late last year. I was hopeful he'd make the jump and was incredibly disappointed with Flores for not giving him (and Sieler) way more reps in weeks 1-3...

Van Ginkel is a prime example of the type of player really good orgs / staffs pick
and develop. We have a few of those types from the '20 draft as well -- which only
underscores the importance of consistency -- maintaining the same philosophy
top to bottom. And for record -- also tells the story for a number of drafts in the past.
BEFORE Mister Grier became "The Man" December 2019.

Mister Grier and
Executive of the Year
have a nice synergy!

:woot:

Van Ginkel is a prime example of the type of player really good orgs / staffs pick
and develop. We have a few of those types from the '20 draft as well -- which only
underscores the importance of consistency -- maintaining the same philosophy
top to bottom. And for record -- also tells the story for a number of drafts in the past.
BEFORE Mister Grier became "The Man" December 2019.

Mister Grier and
Executive of the Year
have a nice synergy!

:woot:
AVG credited our new LB coach for much of his improvement, Anthony Campanile, newly acquired coach this off season from Illinois. Also his strength training. Glad to see the new guys we brought in are having an impact.

Great to see Andrew Van Ginkel making an impact. He's put on some muscle - playing smart, aggressive and more physical (but may need a haircut). With the addition of Kyle Van Noy the Dutch boys are very well represented.
Don't forget we also get Vince Biegel back from injury next season, as well.
Biegel will be a nice rotational piece with those guys! Can't wait

And for all you Flores hater who bagged on him after game 1, you’re all clueless. The Sielers and the Van Ginkles just goes to show you that he knows how to find raw talent and coach them up. I’ve never seen this from a Fins coach since the Shula days. And even then I’ve questioned a lot of Shula’s personnel moves in his latter years. No one here ever said “wow, I can’t believe the Fins just signed Sieler, he’s a steal”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom