OG OUT for season, career over w/Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OG OUT for season, career over w/Fins

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
Just like I said it would. We cant afford to pay an average NFL WR 1.5+mill, especially with us entering cap hell within the next couple years.

<Dolphins | Gadsden Done and Gone? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
23:20 PT: Alex Marvez reports for the Sun Sentinel Miami Dolphins WR Oronde Gadsden (wrist) has reportedly elected to undergo season-ending surgery on his left wrist after being unable to reach a contract extension Friday with the Miami Dolphins. "We wanted to get an extension as injury protection, but they offered a contract that should have gone to the 51st player on the roster instead of Oronde," said Michael Todd, Gadsden's agent. Miami VP of football operations and player personnel, Rick Spielman, said he hopes to change Gadsden's mind about the surgery at a meeting today. >

I said it during the offseason and I am saying it again. OG was never Wanny's guy and combined with OG's arthritic toes we are better off looking to the draft or FA. OG's a good clutch catcher it's too bad he couldn't really stay healthy.

OG's been good for Miami, but he is replacable...We haven't had to do a lot of fade to the corner of the endzone this year..with a TE and others OG value in his O is little different even though I love his abilities.

looks like they did contact cris carter after all!!! Hope we sign him soon!!!

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
OG's been good for Miami, but he is replacable...We haven't had to do a lot of fade to the corner of the endzone this year..with a TE and others OG value in his O is little different even though I love his abilities.

Now that you mention it........when was the last time OG actually caught a Fade Pass to the back of the endzone? It may have worked when it was a new twist but, once other teams started preparing for it, I don't remember working again.:confused:

Originally posted by inFINSible

Now that you mention it........when was the last time OG actually caught a Fade Pass to the back of the endzone? It may have worked when it was a new twist but, once other teams started preparing for it, I don't remember working again.:confused:

I don't get to see alot of games, but when I did get to see them of late it has not worked. It seemed like the def. knew it was coming.

Gadsden had the best hands in the NFL. He was a superb route runner, had great ups, and was a load to bring down. Most of all, he had great overall awareness.

That's not average. And it's not something that's easily replaced. Losing him really hurts.

agreed muck.. but the reality of the NFL is scary. And a player who is injury prone every year and over 30 with a new surgery is not a long term contract guy.

I love O but speed kills and it woulc be nice to have a faster player on the other side of Gadsden sometimes.....

Wanny and Speilman are already looking for a player. It is amazing how quickly things can change.

And O will not get a big contract anywhere with his past and present ailments and age.

a speed player on the other side of Chambers sorry!!!!

That could free chambers up more .. It seems the safety has been helping out on chambers alot so far this year.

That would change if Carter played...... Carter has a chance to start and win a superbowl if we stay healthy. and he got to miss 4 months so he could be fresh for the playoffs and very much in the mix by then.. I never ever thought Carter was possible or O would be gone. It all could happen so fast and

IT WOULD BE the biggest story in the NFL next week it Carter came in.......He lives only 35 minutes from the stadium as well.

the whole thing stinks cause it is all about money and the fan and OG will get shafted
Todd admits the Dolphins probably won't attempt to re-sign Gadsden in the offseason if he doesn't continue playing in 2002.
that whole article is a friggin' :monkey: war :fire:

Originally posted by dolphan39
the whole thing stinks cause it is all about money and the fan and OG will get shafted that whole article is a friggin' :monkey: war :fire:
like i just said to AJ, "money in a sport i love" piss on it!:yell:

I totally agree with MUCK and Dolphan06, I don't give a crap what anyone else says on this board. OG is awesome and I will be totally bummed if lose him.

If he wasn't the best reciever on the team for that spot, then he wouldn't be starting there. You don't easily replace a guy with multiple catches in the hall of fame.

Exactly. Speed doesn't matter when you run precise routes. Speed doesn't matter when you're going over the middle and face multiple hits. You need a big/tough man to do that. If you need proof, just look at the Ismail/Galloway combo over in Dallas. Yeah, not a whole lot has happened over there the last few years.

McKnight and Ward aren't "over-the-middle" guys. And nobody on the roster runs routes even close to the quality of Gadsden's. I hate losing Oronde because he was so perfect for that possession role.

If Carter is going to sign....NOW is the time. We've got the bye week coming up. And that would be the perfect opportunity for him to get a crash course in "Norv Turner 101".

Back
Top Bottom