Ogbah top FA | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogbah top FA

Ogbah will inevitably cost more than his value due to his production. Love having him on the Fins but I think the better business/team decision is let him test FA waters. If by some grace if God he doesn't get much interest then bring him back
I don't understand what you're saying. Production = value more production, more value. The guy has been killing it this year, we have a good one-two punch with him and Phillips, I'd pay him and wouldn't touch a thing. We get burnt every time we let a free agent walk that produces for us. The way he's playing he's going to get a ton of interest...

Agreed...the thing is Gesicki is a fan favorite, but his replacement is already on the team. Flores loves Hunter Long and his upside, the kid is 6'5 with deceptive speed and soft hands, he is the prototypical TE.....exactly what Flores is looking for.
I thought that too when they initially drafted him but if you were looking to do that, he should have been playing all year to get him reps. He doesn't even dress for most of the games let alone see the field, I'm not sure but if Flores really likes him he has a strange way of showing it. And don't kid yourself the reason Waddle has been seeing so many opportunities is that the opposing teams have been keying on Gesicki to try and remove him from the downfield game. Hunter long doesn't strike fear in opposing defenses, we will take a step back if Gesicki leaves...

My thoughts exactly
I thought that too when they initially drafted him but if you were looking to do that, he should have been playing all year to get him reps. He doesn't even dress for most of the games let alone see the field, I'm not sure but if Flores really likes him he has a strange way of showing it. And don't kid yourself the reason Waddle has been seeing so many opportunities is that the opposing teams have been keying on Gesicki to try and remove him from the downfield game. Hunter long doesn't strike fear in opposing defenses, we will take a step back if Gesicki leaves...
I can’t agree more. Gesicki is as much a priority for his on field performance as his off-field/team chemistry. I don’t believe it can be understated how important him sticking up for Tua in the off-season and pre-deadline portion of the year was for our offense to stand together. Maybe our entire team. His presence is vital for this team moving forward

My thoughts exactly

I can’t agree more. Gesicki is as much a priority for his on field performance as his off-field/team chemistry. I don’t believe it can be understated how important him sticking up for Tua in the off-season and pre-deadline portion of the year was for our offense to stand together. Maybe our entire team. His presence is vital for this team moving forward
He was one of the few showing a high level of enthusiasm, even when they were losing. You can tell he loves playing football. That's the kind of guy you want on the field and in the locker room, passionate...

I don't understand what you're saying. Production = value more production, more value. The guy has been killing it this year, we have a good one-two punch with him and Phillips, I'd pay him and wouldn't touch a thing. We get burnt every time we let a free agent walk that produces for us. The way he's playing he's going to get a ton of interest...
I appreciate next gen stats, but he has 33 sacks and 7 FF in 78 games over 6 seasons (so far). At 28 years old there is a solid chance this is his last opportunity for a big contract. I see all of this ending with him being overpaid; either by us or another team. To clarify, he has been a solid player for us the past 2 seasons. I don’t want us to break the bank for a non-elite player approaching the tail end of their prime. If we can get him on a 3 year deal at a reasonable price (say $13M range) I’m all for it. However, if he’s looking for something north of $15M I think it’s in our best interest to let him walk.

Ya, sorry. My point is production isn't always guaranteed to be linear. He's probably wanting his "big contract" which will inevitably hit a point where his pay outweighs his production. We should have (and might have) tried to extended him last off-season

Ya, sorry. My point is production isn't always guaranteed to be linear. He's probably wanting his "big contract" which will inevitably hit a point where his pay outweighs his production. We should have (and might have) tried to extended him last off-season
Yeah, the smart choice would have been to extend him last year but unfortunately, we can't go back. He certainly is going to command a bit more money at this point and there will be plenty of interested parties, which could pose a problem for us. You are correct and I agree, the chances are highly likely his pay will outpace his performance, which happens to just about every free agent at some point. Hopefully, we're smart enough to realize this and construct the contract to where we can exit from it in a few years without affecting the cap. They seem to have been doing a good job of that these past few years. It's been a while since we were really in cap hell over bad contracts and decisions they made. I think extending him wouldn't be one of those bad decisions...

Back
Top Bottom