Ogden Returning to Return... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogden Returning to Return...

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
ESPN is reporting that Jeff Ogden has recently signed back with the 'Fins. I guess that means that all the Ogden haters will have one more year to rant about his lack of explosiveness. Oh well, he doesn't have the Az Hakim speed but he doesn't drop the rock like it's butterd the same way Az does either. :p

Here's hoping that Ogden returns at least four punts for TD's.:drinkers:
Ogden Signed

Ogden signed a 1-year, $525K deal with NO SIGNING BONUS. That means that cutting him would probably costs us nothing.

Biggest mistake of the offseason so far!!!!!!!!:mad: :yell: :mad: :yell: :fire: :yell: :fire:

Doesn't make sense. However with no signing bonus that means he can be cut before a certain point and not cost us a thing.

The Haters Are in the House!

I knew all of you Ogden haters would be sprinting out of the woodwork as soon as this news broke.:lol: Like I said before, at least the guy can hold on to the ball which is more than can be said about many of the returners in the NFL today. I know he's not the greatest but he's not the worst either so I guess you just have to hope he improves some this year. I'm still hoping (more like pipe dreaming) that McCardell will find his way to Miami; I'm not too hopeful though. :rolleyes:

jeff ogden again???

i dunno about u guys, but i'm not real happy to see we signed ogden again... i mean, i know talks with wilkins kinda stalled, but can't we maybe pick up a burner n the draft or something? ogden fumbles WAY too much for not being a consistent threat to take it all the way... i remember his only return td against green bay 2 years ago... it was all blocking...fiedler coulda taken that one to the house :p any thoughts?

Welcome to the wonderful constraints of the salary cap. We probably didn't make an offer for Wilkins simply because the Dolts would have matched it. Using our Comp( screw Miami in the A!@) pick on a returner sounds realistic. But O-line and D-line depth are the immediate concerns. Besides, don't you just get a kick outta watchin Oggie signal fair catch when no one is within 20 yards of him?!? :D

LMAO...I think they re-uped Ogden, because he is also a decent receiver. He can come in in the 5 wide set, and do ok.

Maybe they won't use him as a returner.

I am sure Oggie will be a returner...Along with Brock. Who else do you think would be good at returns?!? I would say Chambers, but I'd hate to see hime get that kind of wear and tear.

phins054.................

Originally posted by phins054
I am sure Oggie will be a returner...Along with Brock. Who else do you think would be good at returns?!? I would say Chambers, but I'd hate to see hime get that kind of wear and tear.

What about putting Dedric Ward back there to return punts. He has better hands and makes better decisions than Jeff "fumble or fair catch" Ogden!:fire:

With Ward coming off of foot sugery he would have to be eased into it...knowing our luck he would probly break his foot, fumble the ball, and the other team returns it for a score :0 I think we may gain a little in speed, but overall i think it would be a push between Ward and Oggie. I think I'll start a new thread hmmm.....

I don't remember if Ward ever returned punts. Does he have any experience with that???

Back
Top Bottom