Oguchi Onyewu..heading to Chelsea??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oguchi Onyewu..heading to Chelsea???

As I have looked more and more into it...Gooch has drawn an AMAZING amoun of interest. I am even surprised by how many teams looked at him. As one writer said "You'd think Gooch was Terry's or Cannavaro's ******* Step Child with the interest he is getting."

Porto, Inter, Real Madrid, Marseilles, Chelsea, Fullham, Middlesborough, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Reading etc.

Also, just so you know...Gooch won the US Soccer Federation Player of the Year for 2006. First Defender to do it since...you guessed it...Alexi Lalas :yes:

http://www.soccertimes.com/americans/2007/jan26.htm

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=444560&plid=23557&clid=4&cpid=8

Says he is going to Marseilles (France)...ughhhh I wanted him to play in the EPL or La Liga...If not, then maybe in the Italian league. Grrr....oh well still not 100% certain where he will go....

Also...it said things fell through with Chelsea because he thinks Mourinho will not be there next year and that a new coach might not use him.

Heading to Chelsea? I don't think so:sidelol:

As I have looked more and more into it...Gooch has drawn an AMAZING amoun of interest. I am even surprised by how many teams looked at him. As one writer said "You'd think Gooch was Terry's or Cannavaro's ******* Step Child with the interest he is getting."

Porto, Inter, Real Madrid, Marseilles, Chelsea, Fullham, Middlesborough, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Reading etc.

Also, just so you know...Gooch won the US Soccer Federation Player of the Year for 2006. First Defender to do it since...you guessed it...Alexi Lalas :yes:

Blah, blah, blah one thing is drawning interest and another different thing is actually playing with an important team

Well whatever peoples opinions of him he'll struggle to be worse than Boumsong was or Bramble is! Newcastle isn't a bad move for him, interested to see how he does. Americans have settled fairly well to the premiership in the past largely because of the language but also because they already have the requisite attitude strength and fitness that alot of players coming from other areas of europe stuggle with early in their careers in England

:rolleyes2

Because HE chose not to.

As of right now, Newcastle will be getting him on a loan for the rest of the season, pending him passing a physical.

because he thinks Mourinho will not be there next year and that a new coach might not use him

Translation: He sucks

If he's good, they'll use him, no matter who's the coach:rolleyes:

Translation: He sucks

If he's good, they'll use him, no matter who's the coach:rolleyes:

Definately showing your Soccer knowledge there. :rolleyes: just cause someone does not fit into a system doesn't mean they suck. So Ronaldo sucks because he doesn't fit in Real Madrid's plans anymore? Heck, I'll take your Mexican National Team as an example. Just because they left out Blanco and Bautista off the World Cup team means they suck??? Great job proving your point there. ;)

Definately showing your Soccer knowledge there. :rolleyes: just cause someone does not fit into a system doesn't mean they suck. So Ronaldo sucks because he doesn't fit in Real Madrid's plans anymore? Heck, I'll take your Mexican National Team as an example. Just because they left out Blanco and Bautista off the World Cup team means they suck??? Great job proving your point there. ;)

Actually blanco and bautista should not have been called, they where not at their peak games, right now they should be there, but at that point.... And in that case it is also a bad example because LaVolpe had a bad relationship with them.

As is, I think saying no I didn't want to go there is sort of a easy cop out. We all know Chelsea is at a weird spot right now, but if they wanted him, they get him to go there, Marseille is a good team, but it is not Chelsea, and Onyewu is not a developing player, he is a player...

Anyways, i hope he does well... he just is not the best defender of Concacaf... :que:

By the way, are you willing to make a phin dollar bet on the upcoming game?

Haha! you are saying he's the best defender in the CONCACAF, and you don't give a damn prove, talk about soccer knowledge:rolleyes:

Actually blanco and bautista should not have been called, they where not at their peak games, right now they should be there, but at that point.... And in that case it is also a bad example because LaVolpe had a bad relationship with them.

As is, I think saying no I didn't want to go there is sort of a easy cop out. We all know Chelsea is at a weird spot right now, but if they wanted him, they get him to go there, Marseille is a good team, but it is not Chelsea, and Onyewu is not a developing player, he is a player...

Anyways, i hope he does well... he just is not the best defender of Concacaf... :que:

By the way, are you willing to make a phin dollar bet on the upcoming game?

I'm down but I don't get how it works??? LoL I missed the 101 on Phin Dollars....please explain??? And Blanco and Bautista should've been at the WC. Bautista was on fire at the time...

Back
Top Bottom