Ogun&Nails get the start | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogun&Nails get the start

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Even though it is mainly to rest the starters they both deserve it. I Just got done rewatching the game from Mon and they both were pretty damn good. Ogun's 4 sacks speak for them selves, but after watching the game again it was more impressive. I think he got to the qb 4 different ways witch is good to see a DE that is versatile when rushing the qb. His 1st sack impressed me the most. Originally I thought his last was the best, but on the 1st sack he just kept his motor running like all the great runs do. He got upfeild and jumped to defend RJ's pass pump, but then landed spun around the T and ripped down RJ. That is the kind of determanation you need to be a great pass rusher. Obviously it was against 2nd and 3rd teamers, but if he can duplicate his performance tonight everyone will start to take notice.

If you scroll back some pages before minicamps started I posted a post about O-Gun, I said he would be the sleeper and would come out to have a breakout year....now I finally get my chance to see him play....He shouldve got playing time last year!

also of just a big a note - Spriggs will start at LT - if he can look like he did before his injury will be have a decent left side of our OL for the first time since Webb left.

Am I the only one that wasn't all that impressed with how Spriggs looked before his injury? Its not like he manhandled Kearse and opened up a nice running game or anything. Our running game BLEW in that game and Kearse was allowed to make a lot of plays against the running game, AND he was burning past Spriggs a lot and just missing out on some sacks cuz we would pass the ball real quickly.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Am I the only one that wasn't all that impressed with how Spriggs looked before his injury? Its not like he manhandled Kearse and opened up a nice running game or anything. Our running game BLEW in that game and Kearse was allowed to make a lot of plays against the running game, AND he was burning past Spriggs a lot and just missing out on some sacks cuz we would pass the ball real quickly.
I hear ya CK, but given the alternatives that might be all we can expect out of our LT this season :nono: We just were not willing to cough up big bucks or picks and players for a quality LT since there were so few available anyway.

Well I dont disagree on what the coaches did with the LT position this offseason cuz there really were only a few guys out there. Brockermeyer is easily as big a question mark as our current guys and Fina...he's still available what does that tell ya.

Well I dont disagree on what the coaches did with the LT position this offseason cuz there really were only a few guys out there. Brockermeyer is easily as big a question mark as our current guys and Fina...he's still available what does that tell ya.
tells ya that Cincy did not overpay for Webb :rolleyes:

I'm with you CK. There is a reason that Spriggs was available when we signed him to be a backup last year!

Coming off an injury, I don't expect him to be anything but passable. Coaches keep talking about how well Smith is playing after we watched Smith get torched repeatedly. What does that tell you about their faith in Spriggs?

Back
Top Bottom