Ogun situation needs to be taken care of | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogun situation needs to be taken care of

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
If this situation continues during the season then it could keep the focus off of football and on him and ruin our season

It could be a bit of a distraction, especially if he decides to hold out the first ten games. Then we need another guy to step it up at his spot.

The thing is, for the money O-Gun wants, there is just no way to sign him. I think Rick and Wanny want to squeeze this year out of him, then let him go into UFA. If he IS going to hold out, then trade him off to the Jags or whoever will offer a second rounder or so next year. We get nothing anyway, unless he plays for us this season, so why not let him go now?

I think this situation goes on until near the end of the preseason, then O-Gun gets traded off. By the way, at that point, we must get whatever we can for him, even just a third rounder and/or a situational player in trade. We have NO RIGHTS to him after this season, since no way do we franchise tag him next season. Too expensive to do so.

i am sure the front office wants to get something done without morgaging our future we have other people to worry about next offseason too.

Back
Top Bottom