Oh Darn, Another Thill Thread! Just A Few Points I Wish People Could Be Honest About.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh Darn, Another Thill Thread! Just A Few Points I Wish People Could Be Honest About....

Im critical of Tannehill because I feel like we've started sooo slowly under him in games and seasons alike - but if Gase and the franchise is all in on him and he's our QB....Im rooting for him. It's just hard to get excited about this season I feel like Ive seen this movie 3 or 4 times already. Either way FINS UPPP

Im critical of Tannehill because I feel like we've started sooo slowly under him in games and seasons alike - but if Gase and the franchise is all in on him and he's our QB....Im rooting for him. It's just hard to get excited about this season I feel like Ive seen this movie 3 or 4 times already. Either way FINS UPPP

How do you feel about the defense? Receivers? Running game? OL? Our draft picks? Haven't we seen those movies before?

I posted a variation of this elsewhere and no doubt will continue to do so to make a point.

But cutting to the chase, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks anymore. By dint of their actions, Gase and the FO have decided to sink or swim with Tannehill. At this point, while it's perfectly valid to continue to discuss, dissect and debate the inadvisability of not drafting at least a developmental QB, there is absolutely no reason other than to continue what amounts to a perennial Tannehill circlejerk. The die is cast; nothing anyone here says or argues changes that!

RT17 a fact of life now that needs to be accepted. Either you root for him and the team to stay healthy and succeed which is a derivative of the word "fan" which comes from "fanatic," or if you don't, or choose to root against his success, it becomes very transparent that you are not a genuine, legitimate fan.

So if you're pro-Tannehill: hope for the best that your confidence is repaid; if you are a Tannehill detractor, it's time to suck it up or reveal yourself as more of a follower than a true fan.

The fan card is over played and has absolutely no bearing on the debate. Dude is here til 2020 at least, the rest is just nonsense and noise.

Let me start by saying. I am a Tannehill fan and think he will give us some playoff births soon.

I could remove Tannehills name and put Ronnie Browns name. We all know how that worked out. Lots of potential 1 great year.
I’m hopeful though

The fan card is over played and has absolutely no bearing on the debate. Dude is here til 2020 at least, the rest is just nonsense and noise.

I don't think being critical of Tannehill makes you less of a fan. I do think applying different, less stringent, standards for the evaluation of other QBs for the sole purpose of denigrating Tannehill does make you less of a fan.

Let me start by saying. I am a Tannehill fan and think he will give us some playoff births soon.

I could remove Tannehills name and put Ronnie Browns name. We all know how that worked out. Lots of potential 1 great year.
I’m hopeful though

I could remove Tannehill and replace with Lamar Miller. People would claim that the run blocking was the issue and we were fools for letting him go.

4.75 years is closer to 4.5 than it is to 7. Also the phrase "it's BEEN 7 years implies that 7 years (and more appropriately 7 seasons) have PASSED. Disputing facts with even less accurate numbers is bad form, even on a message board.

You clearly don't understand the mathematical concept of average. Using the ranked position as an indication of whether someone is average at something makes no sense. 12th in passer rating is clearly above the median but it is not enough information to claim he is average.

I'm also confident in saying that not everyone thinks he is average and even fewer people say "exactly" that.

And the usual test of your "beliefs" would involve asking if other QBs with similar numbers would also be considered average or even below average (Russell Wilson in 2016 for example). That would devolve into a discussion of how "Russell Wilson" (by himself apparently) wins games and invalidates any discussion of his passer rating.

I didnt say “it’s been 7 years.” I said he is going in to his 7th year, and that can not be debated.

I’m not in the debate if Ryan is or isn’t a good QB. That debate has been done to death and now that FA and the draft has come and gone is irrelevant, as he is the QB. My issue was the OP bringing up a post saying to look at the “facts” and there wasn’t one fact in the post.

I didnt say “it’s been 7 years.” I said he is going in to his 7th year, and that can not be debated.

I’m not in the debate if Ryan is or isn’t a good QB. That debate has been done to death and now that FA and the draft has come and gone is irrelevant, as he is the QB. My issue was the OP bringing up a post saying to look at the “facts” and there wasn’t one fact in the post.

His reasoning or premise is still flawed. I guess the HOF needs to go back and check to see if Marino actually played 17 years.

i shoulda just stopped at the first two- those are really the ones that bug me.

well, 5 does in that simpletons think record = qb, period.

in any event, i think this treatment of Tannehill in this article from last year pre 2017 season is almost perfect. it's one that 98% of us should agree with in most part, regardless which side of fence you're on:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...-to-Andrew-Luck-and-Kirk-Cousins-74905894/Amp

I didn't mean to claim you said it's been 7 years. I was reiterating his initial point because I have read the posts that he is referring to. He is going into his 7th year. He has also only played 4.75 seasons.

I don't think being critical of Tannehill makes you less of a fan. I do think applying different, less stringent, standards for the evaluation of other QBs for the sole purpose of denigrating Tannehill does make you less of a fan.
It's ok to be critical so long as you realize that barring an injury, he is our unquestionable QB going forward.

The problem I have is a logical one:
If you are a true fan rooting for the success of the team, you must root for Tannehill to succeed
If you don't root for Tannehill to succeed it's most likely because:
a) you have been so long invested in predicting his failure that success would be a blow to an already shaky ego
and/or
b) You bring to FH the negativity you are generally predisposed to IRL and are powerless to concede anything vaguely positive about Tannehill and the team

So yes, if Tannehill balls, it's fine to be pleasantly surprised but not fine to root against his success.

It's true that "perception is reality" and mine and I believe many others is that if you root against a Fin player's success for whatever reason or rationalization, you are not a true fan; consequently your opinions are subjective and should be assigned an appropriate lack of credibility.

It's ok to be critical so long as you realize that barring an injury, he is our unquestionable QB going forward.

The problem I have is a logical one:
If you are a true fan rooting for the success of the team, you must root for Tannehill to succeed
If you don't root for Tannehill to succeed it's most likely because:
a) you have been so long invested in predicting his failure that success would be a blow to an already shaky ego
and/or
b) You bring to FH the negativity you are generally predisposed to IRL and are powerless to concede anything vaguely positive about Tannehill and the team

So yes, if Tannehill balls, it's fine to be pleasantly surprised but not fine to root against his success.

It's true that "perception is reality" and mine and I believe many others is that if you root against a Fin player's success for whatever reason or rationalization, you are not a true fan; consequently your opinions are subjective and should be assigned an appropriate lack of credibility.

There were plenty of people rooting against Philbin with the idea that the sooner he was gone, the better off Miami would be in the long run. I could understand that mentality with Tannehill as well, if that is what you truly believe.

yep the posters who use 7 yrs as if he's been playing that long, plus add on comments like "and we're still waiting for him to step up" (or "break out" or "assert himself" or whatever.

he did that in his 5th season. if you werent convinced personally, no problem, but dont assert that it didnt happen.

its not like he played well then regressed. no, he was playing his best ball of his career. the hope is he will regain that form- because its plenty good to take us to a super bowl if we can put the right pieces together and buy some good fortune along the way. just be intellectually honest when you disagree.

Back
Top Bottom