oh how i would to see a great passing game again! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

oh how i would to see a great passing game again!

maverick50

the top gun of all fin fans
Reaction score
after watching some other nfl teams and there passing offense i really wished that the dolphins could get a really good passing game going and that would require a darn good qb, either two really good tight ends to mixin with our receivers or two real good recievers like the jackson kid from georgia or d'juan woods frrom oklahoma state or the dewayne jarrett from usc. I love ronnie brown but our back ups are not pro bowl material this would not be a factor yet one must see that if we had ,lets say d'juan woods and welker on one side and chambers and jarrett or booker and jarrett on the other we might be a good passing team .
the biggest factor here is qb who is it going to be ? i hope Daunte is healthy but if he cant come back i would hope we bring in a better qb and if we do this i think we can get a good offense going and make some noise.
one factor i almost forgot is the oline ; how many olinemen do we need in order to get a better offense?
:dolphins:
this season has made my head hurt and i need a woman

amendment

i wasnt implying that ronnie is a back up but that his back ups are not that impressive. the running game is fine but our passing offense is not fine.

that would be awesome, but i dont we draft 2 WR's. id rather one WR and one Qb that could back up and start in the future. also, your forgetting about booker, whose making a strong case to be resigned.

I don't care about having a great passing game. We had one with Marino for years and came up empty. It also puts a burden on your defense over time if you constantly score too quickly.

I'd just like to see a solid, efficient, balanced offense that doesn't make a lot of mistakes and can score at a solid clip and when it needs to.

I don't care about having a great passing game. We had one with Marino for years and came up empty. It also puts a burden on your defense over time if you constantly score too quickly.

I'd just like to see a solid, efficient, balanced offense that doesn't make a lot of mistakes and can score at a solid clip and when it needs to.

Balance on offense is more important than anything. We need to run AND pass efficiently. We can do well with a middle of the road passing game that can be efficient when called on and a solid TE and big receivers to catch passes in the red zone. Unfortunately we have our issues at WR to go along with an unsettled future at qb working against us. And oh yeah Mc Mike can no longer be counted on as a receiving threat. To help our passing offense we need to look at other options at TE in draft or FA if possible.

Agreed!

I love airing it out on offense. On madden I continuosly set new records with my QBs and WRs. I also agree that we have to have a running game to compliment the pass. Our running game is ok, not great, but we need to have a great passing attack to overcome poor running. We will always have games where the run is not productive and we have to air it out to score points. Also, in comeback situations and two minute drills we need to be able to air it out effectively to make those last minute scores. I miss the Marino days...even the years where we had no defense..

We need a killer OL, with that we could run, pass, eat up clock, not turn over the ball so much, protect our QB (whoever they are). Winning games starts up front with the OL and its time we built one. Draft all the WR's and QB's you want, they will all fail unless we build an OL, period, end of story. Daunte, Joey, heck Peyton Manning would SUCK with our OL.

We can have a great passing game again and it doesn't include drafting a bunch of WRs or TEs. We need to design a better passing game scheme where we attack all aspects of the defense. We need to get the running backs more involved so the linebackers cannot focus on simply getting their drops. We need to attack the safeties so they cannot be free to roam to help out the corners. We need to run more crossing routes to force the corners into trail positions. We simply need to scheme better to get all our receivers in more man-to-man situations.

We need a killer OL, with that we could run, pass, eat up clock, not turn over the ball so much, protect our QB (whoever they are). Winning games starts up front with the OL and its time we built one. Draft all the WR's and QB's you want, they will all fail unless we build an OL, period, end of story. Daunte, Joey, heck Peyton Manning would SUCK with our OL.

i actually agree with you phinsRock but i want us to be fun to watch , dangerous to the opponets and score 40 points agame so we can avenge dan having his recods fall . we can have a good defense and a great offense and make it to the superbowl and i will personaly gurantee a superbowl if this were to hapen.
I am just sick of this ineptitude that we have been having on offense and gosh darn it i want a superbowl relly bad!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom