Oh man, Coy gonna be a beast! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh man, Coy gonna be a beast!

MOULDSROCKS

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
"Coy Wire. First off, it's a great, football-sounding name. But much more important, this kid can play. Buffalo's third-round pick last year, Wire started 15 games at strong safety in 2002, after having spent two years each as a running back and linebacker at Stanford. Already a ferocious hitter, this season Wire will be much more instinctive in the secondary, without having to think about his every move.

Then again, thinking is one of Wire's strong suits. He studied philosophy and religion at Stanford, and is known for his strong bent toward the spiritual side of life. Part Japanese, Wire said he has long had an affinity for Eastern culture.

"I always felt the spirit was strong in me, and I always try to stay in tune with the god within," Wire said, in something that would not qualify as standard football-ese. "Some guys call me spiritual, but I don't really want to label it. It's just me. Religion and philosophy has definitely helped mold me into the person I am."

To repeat, the person he is is a hitter on the football field. Many expect Wire to develop into a force at strong safety in the John Lynch, Rodney Harrison mode. Even though he's mild-mannered off the field.

"When I step on the field, something comes over me," he said. "I'm a totally different person and my demeanor changes, my attitude changes. I can't really explain it. The best thing I can say is that this is what I was meant to do."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/preview/news/2003/07/29/bills_postcard/

and that is just the beginning....

-He has less than 1% body fat
-He is FAST
-He had NO experience at SS when he was thrust into the position last year. This year it's a whole new story.
-He has been working personally with Eric Moulds, Josh Reed, and Travis Henry this year, not only on conditioning but practicing his coverage by trying to cover those guys every day one-on-one. You could find those 4 guys daily at OBD (one bills drive) working out together.
(Our Team CHEMISTRY is fantastic)
-His workout routine is breathtaking..... Seriously, he trains like nobody in the league. He runs sprints with gravle in his shoes and runs barefoot through the snow, jumps out of pools... And that is just the beginning.... lol
-He moved to Buffalo this offseason and spent almost every day this spring and summer working personally with our DB's coach to improve his technique and study game film.
-He picked off everything in site in minicamp and has been just as good in TC.
-Stanford grad (coached by Ty Willingham.....)
-Dovoted to being the best
-Started training to be in the NFL before he hit Middle School. He worked one-on-one everyday with his coaches and parents in order to ultimately achieve the SB. He is a Hungry player.

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
"

-He has less than 1% body fat

Not physically possible.

Futhermore, it would be very unhealthy to have a body fat approaching this level:

"Male athletes with the lowest estimates of body fat (less than 6%) include middle-distance and long-distance runners and bodybuilders, whereas male basketball players, cyclists, gymnasts, sprinters, jumpers, triathletes, and wrestlers average between 6% to 15% body fat. Male athletes involved in power sports such as football, rugby, and ice and field hockey have slightly more variable body fat levels (6% to 19%). Female athletes with the lowest estimates of body fat (6% to 15%) participate in bodybuilding, cycling, triathlons, and running events; higher fat levels are found in female athletes participating in racquetball, skiing, soccer, swimming, tennis, and volleyball (10% to 20%) The estimated minimal level of body fat compatible with health is 5% for males and 12% for females however, optimal body fat percentages for an individual athlete may be much higher than these minimums and should be determined on an individual basis. Athletes who strive to maintain body weight or body fat levels that are inappropriate, or have body-fat percentages below these minimal levels, may be at risk for an eating disorder or other health problems related to poor energy and nutrient intakes.

Why do you continually post false information?

Coy should be fine......just as long as he doesn't have to tackle Ricky Williams. He's already been run over by that freight train before. So has Izell Reese (who also leaves much to be desired in coverage).

Heh, we've already got two safeties better than Wire.

Originally posted by Muck

Heh, we've already got two safeties better than Wire.

Every team has two safeties better than Wire.

No smack guys remember. :rolleyes:

Go ahead and talk a big game, but you will see, Coy Wire is a rising youg star.

Yes he does have less than 1% body fat. The Machine the Bills use to test body fat registered a negative value b/c he has so little and it was also reported on WNSA FM radio yesterday. Here is a lnk about the Machine reading.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030726/1010886.asp
He is a crazy physical specimen.

Wire showed up at 210 pounds and registered negative body fat on the Bills' testing machine. It's impossible to have no body fat. But Wire's fat content is so low that the machine can't register it. (The average male has about 15 percent body fat.)-Buffalo News

Athletes who strive to maintain body weight or body fat levels that are inappropriate, or have body-fat percentages below these minimal levels,(5% for males) may be at risk for an eating disorder or other health problems related to poor energy and nutrient intakes.

Hmmmm.....
I don't think that's a problem. We have a man named Rusty Jones who takes care of all that.

"may be at risk for an eating disorder or other health problems related to poor energy and nutrient intakes."
-MAY be AT RISK
-That's if in order to achive that body fat % you starve yourself or do not eat enough
-That case mainly refers to long distance runners and other small athletes (like jockeys... hehe).
-Coy Wire is all muscle, not bone
-210 lbs
-GREAT try though. Lot of points for effort there.

Ray Lewis is 1% body fat and has been for several years... he doesn't have health issues or an eating disorder. I believe Eric Moulds is the same way.

Talk to any medical professional, professional fitness trainer, or professional bodybuilder and they will tell you that less than 1% body fat is not possible.

The machine that register body fat are notoriously unreliable:

Here is a cite from WebMD:

"For now, I'd recommend that you stick with the scale. Basically, the available body-fat analyzers are still too unreliable."

I could give you a 100 other quotations like this.

My cousin is a professional trainer who trains several NFL players in Boca Raton and he has had lots of problems with the machines.

Further, fat in the body is of two types: essential fat and storage fat. Storage fat is the type that you want to get rid of. Essential fat is defined as:

"Essential fat is the fat necessary for normal physiological functioning and includes the fat found in your bone marrow, heart, liver, kidneys and central nervous system."

You really need that fat to function as a human being, let alone as a professional athlete.

A word of advice kid, don't believe everything you read.

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Ray Lewis is 1% body fat and has been for several years... he doesn't have health issues or an eating disorder. I believe Eric Moulds is the same way.

Moulds registered 4% body fat in his first two years in the pros. I did not find anyhting on-line that gave his body fat after that or of any readings for Ray Lewis at all.

This should be the final word on body fat testing

"It should be made clear that there is only one method of calculating body composition that is close to 100% accuracy, and that is an autopsy."

All other measurements are flawed.

Back
Top Bottom