Oh Me of Little Faith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh Me of Little Faith

The Baltimore game was the toughest I’ve seen the Miami Dolphins in a LONG time. I wrote in another post that even though I thought we were going to lose to Baltimore by 3 points, I could not have been prouder of the way they came together. And, alas, I didn’t have to write that.

I wrote a few days ago I had zero doubt in Miami today. And, while of course Allen put that to the ultimate test, that same team that weathered Baltimore into submission did the same to Buffalo.

But do not fool yourselves. If today Buffalo, just as Miami, didn’t prove their toughness to you, you don’t know football. Josh Allen is elite and Buffalo is deep with grit. Bills players were falling left and right like flies kamikazeeing into zap torches and the game came down to seconds.

The answer to Allen is a simple one but can we pull it off? You have to pressure him with 4. He picked apart the blitz. He ran around, hell, THROUGH, the blitz as well.

Especially down by the goal line. Boyer made those TD far too easy for him.

3-0 is amazing, but for me, seeing that our team has mental strength not to wilt under pressure and duress is even better! It's been decades since I've seen this kind of fortitude, humility and strength of will from our Phins.

Last edited:
I said after the bills scored first I felt real good about our defense

I can see what was happening, I saw their intensity and what Boyer was trying to do
Boyer really won me over when I saw how aggressive he was playing the defense against Josh Allen and the Bills. Allen does a lot of things well, but like Lamar Jackson he's at his absolute worst against pressure defenses.
Also, not only did we only give up 17 points to a Bills offense that was only missing an OG, but we held them to 3 points when the game was on the line tied at 14 at the half. That's crazy good. Is there a better goal line or 4th down defense in the league?

Boyer really won me over when I saw how aggressive he was playing the defense against Josh Allen and the Bills. Allen does a lot of things well, but like Lamar Jackson he's at his absolute worst against pressure defenses.
Also, not only did we only give up 17 points to a Bills offense that was only missing an OG, but we held them to 3 points when the game was on the line tied at 14 at the half. That's crazy good. Is there a better goal line or 4th down defense in the league?
No, no their isn’t

Coach my respect for Josh Allen’s game right now combined with what we just did on defense to contain him screams we are about to go on a run and our defense being the star of the show

He’s so much better than anyone we will face this year that I just can’t believe our defense won’t just kill the rest of the wins we face

This team is ready to take flight

Back
Top Bottom