Oh no not a John Beck / Henne thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh no not a John Beck / Henne thread

chumbucket

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I was listening to fox radio tonight tony bruno into the night. he was raving on how well John Beck is doing? Any of you guys see anything I'm missing? Is there a difference between Henne and Beck or is it just the curse of the dolphins that when players leave here they do better elsewhere.

Beck

hea yea i saw his first drive tonight.
dam that football camp, he went to with breez this summer payed off, he looked like joe Montana driveing the ball for his first TD.
wow what a change from 3 years ago when he was a rookie on a 1 and 15 team.
i wish him well he was a great guy we picked at the wrong time, no time for hime to learn
cam just threw him to the wolves when green went down. was green the QB i forget mabe its the curse!!

Beck was better than most people here ever gave him credit for. While here, he never received a fair shake with any sort of supporting cast. I have always expected him to achieve some level of success. I don't necessarily mean Pro Bowl, but I always sensed he could be a solid starter.

I could be wrong, but it seems he might finally be on his way.

saw the beck game was a great game to watch because other dolphin possibilitys were showcased..
beck 1st drive was an interception on a deep ball beck then came back really sharp and hit receivers in stride he looks like he figuring it out finally

Former dolphin draft pick parmelle fumbled the other raven
anthony allen 7th round pick runs with authority impressed though he dropped a sure handed game winning pass from who of all people? Tyrod taylor
the game looked over at that point ravens d causes 3 and out ravens get a nice return and tyrod taylor leads thm on another game winning drive..
Ray lewis thinks Tyrod was the steal of the draft..harbaugh and cam feel comfortable for the rook to be the # 2 this year..

I got bashed by WV and his gang for saying Beck wasn't as bad as what we are seeing because of what was around him. The same crew was doing the same to Henne. Hopefully both prove them wrong. I give John Beck credit, he could have pulled a Pat White and just quit when things didn't go his way. Now he is in contention to be a starter in the NFL. Not bad for a "scrub with no talent"!

John Beck still blows. Not that the Redskins mind, he's going to lead them to Andrew Luck. Which I'm guessing has been the plan all along...

Hopefully some on this board will learn a lesson before we ship off another QB.

I got bashed by WV and his gang for saying Beck wasn't as bad as what we are seeing because of what was around him. The same crew was doing the same to Henne. Hopefully both prove them wrong. I give John Beck credit, he could have pulled a Pat White and just quit when things didn't go his way. Now he is in contention to be a starter in the NFL. Not bad for a "scrub with no talent"!

What's even funnier is that some people on this site were saying he wasn't even good enough for the CFL or arena league. I never understood why some of the criticism reached such a personal level. I think some of it has to with some anti-mormon religious bigotry.

John Beck still blows. Not that the Redskins mind, he's going to lead them to Andrew Luck. Which I'm guessing has been the plan all along...

As of now your post sounds childish and foolish. Based on the way he's played this preseason you have nothing to back up your insightful critique (sarcasm).

What's even funnier is that some people on this site were saying he wasn't even good enough for the CFL or arena league. I never understood why some of the criticism reached such a personal level. I think some of it has to with some anti-mormon religious bigotry.
I don't think it is that man. I think some people on here think they are NFL talent scouts. Certain people weren't drafted or signed the way they wanted, so they bash the easiest position to bash not taking in to consideration all the surrounding pieces or plans. Then they would rather be right on a web site, so they can come on here a bash and say I told you so and actually root against people on the team they are supposedly a fan of. It is funny and pathetic at the same time.

I don't think so. This was a Parcells decision. In 2008 we had Pennington, Henne and Beck as the #3. There were even reports how both Henne and Beck were learning a lot from Pennington. There was absolutely zero need to draft another QB. But they just couldn't resist Pat White. They (Parcells and Henning) saw it as the next extension of the wildcat, which at that stage had way exceeded expectations) with Pat White theoretically capable of running and throwing long.
Beck is a mormon from BYU, who had an outstanding college career, but from what I understand his passion is football and is more low key about his beliefs and was never a divisive guy in the lockerroom. Good luck to him if the Redskins give him the chance to be their starting QB. Very few head coaches would have given him the opportunity.

I must confess, I gave up on him after that buffalo game when he bobbled the snap right into Nate clements hand who ran it in for the touchdown. I know he was only a rookie but that's football 101. Handle the damn snap.

This is now Becks fifth year, and I did actually see all of the game. He threw one very nice pass than most of his passes were short slant passes that the WR got a lot of YAC on. I wouldn't say his performance was anything to write home about including the interception that he threw. Henne would be being bashed for the exact same performance. Beck did improve since he was with the Dolphins and he has gotten his fumbling issues under control 5 years later. that I think about it thought I don't recall him having fumbling issues until it got to the regular season so I guess we'll see soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom