Oh No RUTGERS fans........ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh No RUTGERS fans........

MikeO said:
But some cable companies are ONLY carrying the 2 bowl games and no other NFL NETWORK programming.

The cable companies and the NFL Network HATE each other!! Man, they just flat out hate each other

Cabelvision said they would carry the free week

Time warner has said nothing yet.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Bergen record said it at first, maybe its just in this area???

You Blue Claw fans maybe left out of the rest of it?

:sidelol: You Blue Claws and fans in the same sentence. :sidelol:

Good stuff though......I didn't think that anyone outside of Monmouth or Ocean county would have ever heard of them.

I hope not......I'm sure where PFT got their info, they didn't link to any source. Who knows at this point.

I'd like a week of NFL network, but as long as I get the Rutgers game, I'll be happy (that has to be right at the top of the list of things I never thought I'd say :lol: ).

burger13 said:
:sidelol: You Blue Claws and fans in the same sentence. :sidelol:

Good stuff though......I didn't think that anyone outside of Monmouth or Ocean county would have ever heard of them.

I hope not......I'm sure where PFT got their info, they didn't link to any source. Who knows at this point.

I'd like a week of NFL network, but as long as I get the Rutgers game, I'll be happy (that has to be right at the top of the list of things I never thought I'd say :lol: ).

My sister-in-law lives a few blocks from the stadium in Howell, in fact a guy I played baseball with growing up owns a pizza place a few blocks away also.:lol:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
My sister-in-law lives a few blocks from the stadium in Howell, in fact a guy I played baseball with growing up owns a pizza place a few blocks away also.:lol:

I live right down the road from the stadium.

Which Pizza place?

Im still befuddled why they would have a bowl game and not show it nationally

FLOUNDER said:
Im still befuddled why they would have a bowl game and not show it nationally
just one of the things the NFL is doing to try and get more providers to pick up the NFL Network.

Time Warner has given NFLN 2 choices, 1 of which is to just show the game and not the week preview or another is to put the free preview on a higher tier. NFLN says they won't take either and TW customers may miss the game.

Cablevision also says it will only show the game BUt if NFLN wouldn't allow that from TW why would they from Cablevision? it doesn't look like those Bowl games will be shown on thes cable systems.

Cablevision is showing the game, its a done deal.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK -- Time Warner Cable moved closer Wednesday to reaching a truce with the NFL Network over carrying the Texas Bowl game between Rutgers and Kansas State on Dec. 28.
Another New York-area cable operator, Cablevision, said Tuesday that it would carry the game after the NFL Network offered both cable companies free carriage for the week of Dec. 24-30.

In a letter to NFL Network president Steve Bornstein, Time Warner Cable CEO Glenn Britt offered two possibilities: making just the Rutgers game available to all customers on Time Warner's basic tier, or carrying the network all week on a digital tier, which costs extra and is received by about 75 percent of New York City area systems. No final decision has been made.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Cablevision is showing the game, its a done deal.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK -- Time Warner Cable moved closer Wednesday to reaching a truce with the NFL Network over carrying the Texas Bowl game between Rutgers and Kansas State on Dec. 28.
Another New York-area cable operator, Cablevision, said Tuesday that it would carry the game after the NFL Network offered both cable companies free carriage for the week of Dec. 24-30.

In a letter to NFL Network president Steve Bornstein, Time Warner Cable CEO Glenn Britt offered two possibilities: making just the Rutgers game available to all customers on Time Warner's basic tier, or carrying the network all week on a digital tier, which costs extra and is received by about 75 percent of New York City area systems. No final decision has been made.

It's not a done deal, NFLN offered a free week and Cablevision is saying they will only show the game- that's not the deal.

Back
Top Bottom