Oh No RUTGERS fans........ | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh No RUTGERS fans........

The offer extends only to Time Warner and Cablevision in the New York City area and New Jersey, NFL Network spokesman Seth Plansky said.
Cablevision said it will show the Texas Bowl but Time Warner had yet to decide.

Maybe it is then but that's not what I read today and either way it doesn't help most people out. Most people don't care about seeing 2 crappy bowl games(no offense), if I am a Cablevision or TW customer I want the NFLN for a week not just the bowl games.

mjwenz said:
So, people in the NYC area will be getting NFL Network for the game?

This whole thread is confusing.

As of now, cablevision yes, Time warner maybe.

arsenal said:
i want the full week so i can see the regular NFL game too

That was never part of the deal....even w/ the free week, the Giants/Redskins game wasn't going to be shown.

But, since it is the Giants, people who get local NY stations will be able to see it anyway. :wink:

I heard TIME WARNER has said NO they won't be airing the NFL NETWORK for that week.

Rutgers fans still out in the cold if they have TIME WARNER!!

Not 100% about this, but that is the rumor

Stitches said:
I don't know why Time Warner won't carry NFL network. I would pay a couple bucks each month to get it.

Probably three reasons.

1. Time-Warner, through either HBO or TBS(they own all the HBO and Turner Broadcasting channels), was denided the chance to bid for the 8 game NFL package. Time-Warner's current management is a fiesty group and does like to get revenge. They also have shown to have problems with other competing media providers(FOX in particular, and some with Viacom).
2. Ever since Time-Warner merged with AOL, and AOL dragged down the company, Time-Warner has been cheap(see the lack of interest in keeping good players on the Braves). Therfore they don't want to pay any heavy programming fees.
3. Time-Warner's cable divison believes in tier pricing and wants to maximize revenue. The NFL wants the NFL network to be treated the same as ESPN, while Time-Warner sees the NFL Network as a Disney Channel for football fans, which means that it should be a premium channel with extra charges for the consumer.

I would probably go out and watch the game anyway, so it's not that big a deal for me personally......

but **** Cablevision!! The NFL certainly shares blame in the overall problem, but Cablevision is directly sticking it to it's customers w/ this decision.

I would probably go out and watch the game anyway, so it's not that big a deal for me personally......

but **** Cablevision!! The NFL certainly shares blame in the overall problem, but Cablevision is directly sticking it to it's customers w/ this decision.

How does the NFL share in the problem???? They have a network. They want programing, so they bought the bowl game. They will air it. If the cable companies don't want to air their station that isn't their fault!!!!!!

The cable companies are upset that they can't get the Sunday Ticket. Well, DIRECTV paid half a billion (yes half a billion) for exclusive rights for the Sunday Ticket. BEAT that bid......and they can have the Sunday Ticket!!!!!!!! Simple math. The cable companies are UPSET and they take it out on the CUSTOMER!!!!!!! Why? Because they can!! The hell with them, get DIRECTV never have to worry about this crap ever again!

How does the NFL share in the problem???? They have a network. They want programing, so they bought the bowl game. They will air it. If the cable companies don't want to air their station that isn't their fault!!!!!!

The cable companies are upset that they can't get the Sunday Ticket. Well, DIRECTV paid half a billion (yes half a billion) for exclusive rights for the Sunday Ticket. BEAT that bid......and they can have the Sunday Ticket!!!!!!!! Simple math. The cable companies are UPSET and they take it out on the CUSTOMER!!!!!!! Why? Because they can!! The hell with them, get DIRECTV never have to worry about this crap ever again!

I place some blame on the NFL because atleast my cable company stopped offering NFL Network because they said the NFL charges the networks so much that the cost made it hard for them to keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the NFL is charging exorbinant amounts of money to air their network it most certianly becomes their fault also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom