Oh No RUTGERS fans........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh No RUTGERS fans........

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
NFL NETWORK is saying they WON'T sell the game to local cable companies in NY/NJ. (Like they do with the NFL games they have).

Example, on Thanksgiving.....KC vs Denver. NFL NETWORK sold the game to a local channel in KC and Denver so the hometown markets got to see the game. And they do that each week with the NFL games they have.

NFL NETWORK was quoted today as saying they won't do that with their BOWL GAMES!!!!

P.S........more on Rutgers. Next years OUT OF CONFERENCE schedule will hurt them big time. Army. Buffalo. Navy. Maryland. and a IAA school yet to be announced.

Why on earth is it even on the NFL network to begin with?

I got a feeling the network is going to get a TON of bad press for this decision and I wouldn't even be surprised to see Jersey politicians getting in on the outcry.

Trust me, this is NOT going to go over well in the area.

MikeO said:
NFL NETWORK is saying they WON'T sell the game to local cable companies in NY/NJ. (Like they do with the NFL games they have).

Example, on Thanksgiving.....KC vs Denver. NFL NETWORK sold the game to a local channel in KC and Denver so the hometown markets got to see the game. And they do that each week with the NFL games they have.

NFL NETWORK was quoted today as saying they won't do that with their BOWL GAMES!!!!

P.S........more on Rutgers. Next years OUT OF CONFERENCE schedule will hurt them big time. Army. Buffalo. Navy. Maryland. and a IAA school yet to be announced.

I am sure they'll have the game near Piscataway and on Campus though. Other fans an go to sports bars that have Direct TV.

MikeO said:

When do they start with the Notre Dame games, is that 2008 or 2009?
PS

I think Buffalo will be off the schedule after breaking the contract this year to play (I think it was Wisconsin)

NJFINSFAN1 said:
PS

I think Buffalo will be off the schedule after breaking the contract this year to play (I think it was Wisconsin)

I thought Buffalo played Minnesota early in the year, and got romped like 44-0.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
PS

2010, in 2010 they'll have a good non-conf sched as they play UNC(who should be good by then) and ND though Schiano will likely be gone by the time those games are played. the link below shows their future scheds:

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/rutgers_future.htm

NFL network does a pretty good job with games, sorry the local market wont get it without dish or directtv but you are right, you could always go to a bar. It is more fun to watch games with others anyway/

Stitches said:
I thought Buffalo played Minnesota early in the year, and got romped like 44-0.

They broke a contract with Rutgers and I'm pretty sure it was for Wisconsin, I know Rutgers was P'od!

MikeO said:
But some cable companies are ONLY carrying the 2 bowl games and no other NFL NETWORK programming.

The cable companies and the NFL Network HATE each other!! Man, they just flat out hate each other

I don't know why Time Warner won't carry NFL network. I would pay a couple bucks each month to get it.

Back
Top Bottom