Oh say can you...BLITZ!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh say can you...BLITZ!!!!!

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
I was extremely frustrated by the lack of pressure on the QB against the Chiefs. The same against the Colts. When we played the Jets we put in some blitz packages to disrupt the timing between Vinny and his receivers.

Question #1: Why did we not do that when we knew we have a less than capable corner in Fletcher?

Question #2: WHy on two occassions when we had 3rd and about 7 or 8 did we throw the long ball? We were within 8 points and all we needed was the first down.

I hope we bounce back and kick the Patriots ass. I was really enjoying that ride at the top. It was nice to hear the national media slobber all over the Fins, finally!!!!

I think # 1 answers itself... if you blitz you leave your corners alone..

# 2 I think we were hoping that they would be playing to stop the first down and we could get behind them.. you wouldn't question it if they went for TD's

the answer is plain and simple - no Patrick Surtain, no faith we could blitz - read Ask Alex!

gottahavefootball....I love your avatar its awsome bro...did you draw it yourself?

But even the best corners can only cover for so long. The corners are only vulnerable if you are blitzing the safety. We could have and should have blitzed linebackers.

But you have to put heat on the QB, or coverage will breakdown.

And yes I would have questioned the long passes if they went for TDs. I would have been extatic!! but I would have felt like we got away with one.

Anyway, its behind us now, and I ready for the PATS!! Bring'em on!

Back
Top Bottom