Oh What Could've Been... Watch Us Almost Complete A Huge Play To Drake, And See Why It Didn't Happen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh What Could've Been... Watch Us Almost Complete A Huge Play To Drake, And See Why It Didn't Happen

90 has very good position to defend a bullet trajectory IMO...

There are so many near misses on those deep wheel route plays, in college and pro.

I never understand the aw-shucks mentality, instead of trying it again later in the game.

Try it multiple times. George Foreman didn't miss his first right cross and give up.

That play is the essence of why we are average. You see how your QB can cost you completions by not looking off a safety and then throwing a ball with too much air under it. You also have an offensive lineman who does a poor job in pass protection which doesn't allow the QB to step into his throw. Seriously, that is classic Dolphin football.

If tannehill ever learned to look off the safety, or ever really had time to look the safety off, he would jump a level in qb rankings.

He is a presnap read guy.

90 has very good position to defend a bullet trajectory IMO...

And this is why I think the ball wasnt thrown as a bullet...there is a good chance it would have gotten knocked down...if Davis wouldn't have gotten beat like a red headed step child, it would have given the play more time to develop

move the safety with his eyes
It's been discussed in another thread already but I feel the urge to reiterate it: Tannehill gets hammered on that play right after the ball leaves his hands. If you want him to look off the safety, he either throws a "no-look" pass to Drake or he gets sacked.

Defense shows six but rushes five - 6th defender drops off to cover Drake. You can tell Tannehill wanted to dump it off quickly (3rd and four) but couldn’t. The play takes even longer to develop so the safety becomes a factor. That play was well defended so I guess I’m giving the defense some credit.

And this is why I think the ball wasnt thrown as a bullet...there is a good chance it would have gotten knocked down...if Davis wouldn't have gotten beat like a red headed step child, it would have given the play more time to develop
LOL, I don't know if its general ignorance or the uncanny need to defend RT no matter what, but you are dead wrong here. Drake is 5-6 yards behind a linebacker with his back turned. You absolutely need to throw that on a line before the safety. On a rope doesnt mean the ball is only 6 feet off the ground lol, it still gets over a lb burned by drake.

It's been discussed in another thread already but I feel the urge to reiterate it: Tannehill gets hammered on that play right after the ball leaves his hands. If you want him to look off the safety, he either throws a "no-look" pass to Drake or he gets sacked.
No, he looks off sooner, and the ball comes out sooner. Why would he wait even longer to throw it? He should have either held safety with his eyes and thrown it sooner, or thrown it on a line before the safety. This isnt elite stuff were asking for its NFL QB play

No, he looks off sooner, and the ball comes out sooner. Why would he wait even longer to throw it? He should have either held safety with his eyes and thrown it sooner, or thrown it on a line before the safety. This isnt elite stuff were asking for its NFL QB play

I remember this play and being pissed off RT missed it (as well as the pick). Imo he should have lobbed it, it was just the timing and anticipation were way too late. Last week was not RT's finest performance, but this week against NE will tell me a lot. Still believe in him and Gase, even though they both have plenty of flaws.

Yeah...throw a rope with a defender a foot in front of you about to destroy you. No need to get it up quick to get it out. Got it :up:

Yeah...throw a rope with a defender a foot in front of you about to destroy you. No need to get it up quick to get it out. Got it :up:
LOL say what? what are you even saying, that you cant throw the ball harder on a line and still lead drake and allow him to catch it before the safety is in play to take his head off? Watch some qb play around the league, plenty of examples a lot on wheel routes to show how to make that throw
Take one less shuffle step and deliver the ball. It is telling that so many don't even expect the QB to make that play.
"If hes even hes leaving" Drake on a LB once hes even with him you know the defender is beat. Ripe it to him before the safety can make a play

Back
Top Bottom