Oh What Could've Been... Watch Us Almost Complete A Huge Play To Drake, And See Why It Didn't Happen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh What Could've Been... Watch Us Almost Complete A Huge Play To Drake, And See Why It Didn't Happen

Late throw, should of had it earlier and of course not stare him down from getgo. Even the off lb was reading eyes and heading over.

what's more amazing is the time that ANY of our qb's have to throw... how can our OL just completely whiff on their blocks??? there are plays where their guys aren't touched which never ceases to amaze me how they are on a NFL team

LOL, I don't know if its general ignorance or the uncanny need to defend RT no matter what, but you are dead wrong here. Drake is 5-6 yards behind a linebacker with his back turned. You absolutely need to throw that on a line before the safety. On a rope doesnt mean the ball is only 6 feet off the ground lol, it still gets over a lb burned by drake.

And the safety is still right there to make the play....the player that abused (Kyle Williams) Davis had a perfect path to deflect that pass if he dosent put air under it...it has nothing to do with defending Tannehill at all...it should also be noted that Williams puts Tannehill on his back that play so the on coming rush could have had plenty to do with it

Late throw, should of had it earlier and of course not stare him down from getgo. Even the off lb was reading eyes and heading over.

thats all there is to it. late throw. get it to drake quicker and he cuts back vs the safety coming over and houses it.

That play is the essence of why we are average. You see how your QB can cost you completions by not looking off a safety and then throwing a ball with too much air under it. You also have an offensive lineman who does a poor job in pass protection which doesn't allow the QB to step into his throw. Seriously, that is classic Dolphin football.

It's the definition of what great teams do well and average/below average teams are inconsistent at doing.

Taking all things into consideration this Tannehill has regressed compared to the pre-injured Tannehill in Gase's 1st year.
This team needs an infusion of talent all the way around and certainly need a better option at the QB position as do most teams.

I don't remember a single drop back in that game where Tannehill was still on his feet after he threw the ball. When the QB is getting hit that much, his eyes drop, he's not trying to look off the safety he's just trying to make the throw before he gets hit again. Tannehill couldn't step into the throw cause he got crushed, throw was a little long, Drake short armed it...incompletion.

The next QB we get will end up being developed just like Tannehill...behind a crappy line that can't protect and barely run block and then we'll be wondering why we have a crappy QB again. Setting the next guy up for failure just like they did Tannehill.

LOL say what? what are you even saying, that you cant throw the ball harder on a line and still lead drake and allow him to catch it before the safety is in play to take his head off? Watch some qb play around the league, plenty of examples a lot on wheel routes to show how to make that throw
Take one less shuffle step and deliver the ball. It is telling that so many don't even expect the QB to make that play.
"If hes even hes leaving" Drake on a LB once hes even with him you know the defender is beat. Ripe it to him before the safety can make a play

I'm saying that tannehill is being drilled as the ball is leaving his hand. The tape is clear as a bell. A split second before that drake hasn't cleared so he released it as soon as he saw him clear (which was literally a split second later.

Why are you acting like he could step in to that throw? Just try to dog on him. The only thing he didn't do right on that play was look off the safety. That throw was perfect.

Obviously a less lofty pass would've been ideal. I'm saying that wasn't an option when you're getting pile drived as you're releasing the ball.

I'm saying that tannehill is being drilled as the ball is leaving his hand. The tape is clear as a bell. A split second before that drake hasn't cleared so he released it as soon as he saw him clear (which was literally a split second later.

Why are you acting like he could step in to that throw? Just try to dog on him. The only thing he didn't do right on that play was look off the safety. That throw was perfect.

Obviously a less lofty pass would've been ideal. I'm saying that wasn't an option when you're getting pile drived as you're releasing the ball.
Ball should have come out sooner. anticipation, i know we dont see it watching Tannehill bc its not in the manual. But, once drake turns up field he has the lb beat. you dont wait until he clears by 4 yards knowing the safety is over top

if QB is gonna float one out there, which was the right move, he should've put it up a half second sooner.

maybe he still gets toasted but he held that one a little too long.

at least that's what i see.

Ball should have come out sooner. anticipation, i know we dont see it watching Tannehill bc its not in the manual. But, once drake turns up field he has the lb beat. you dont wait until he clears by 4 yards knowing the safety is over top

We clearly aren't watching the same tape. The second he reaches his back foot drake is in a cluster of 4 people bunched together. How do you label that as "got him beat"? I think you're being overly critical so you can dog on him.

This is 1 of the main Reasons Tannehide has to go.There is not 1 defender ready to cover Drake pre snap.NOT 1 single defender on this rout.
Tannehide missed the throw by .3 seconds.Yes Davis la whiffed but Tanne was late on the throw on his little hop step.
Can't make chicken soup from chicken ****.

defensive lineman can read his eyes too that's why balls get batted down. 1 read and done.

Actually, when I saw that play live during the game, I thought the throw was very good and would have hit Drake in stride.....but with the safety coming over, Drake short armed that ball thinking he was going to get hammered.
Yeah....the video here didn't do that justice as there was no close up on the reception.

Come on fellas that’s a pre snap safety location Id man beater rub with a wheel concept and it is the primary. You don’t look the safety off there you id the safety location pre snap you take your drop you square your shoulders and hips to your primary target (ie the wheel vs man) and you let it fly. There is no safety hold post snap ask in that at all when it’s the primary. Also you don’t throw that on a rope with an underneath defender that ball loft wise is exactly how it should be done with a stacked carry cover defender and a widened out wheel to put more distance between the receiving option and the middle safety.

What is just a tick off is the timing of the release from tannehill. That extra hop he’s using is his timing mechanism with the route concept. Like to see that last reset eliminated which would get the ball out a smidge quicker. This has nothing to do with poor coverage id or anticipation he knows where to go with the football he’s just a tick late. These are the kind of ball out of hand a smidge late stuff that I didn’t see on tape in 2016 during that nine game run.

His clocks just a smidge slow timing wise. Been that way on tape at times for the last 2 games. Plays still there to be made if the back makes it for him but he hears safety footsteps...

Timings gonna need to be more spot on vs the pats. Doesn’t look like he has his 2016 timing right now at times. Looks like game speed rust to me and correctable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom