Ohio St and Alabama Pro Day Results | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ohio St and Alabama Pro Day Results

Did Murray not run? What about Jackson? I would think 4.3 range for both of them.

I hear ya. I seem to remember Terrelle Pryor and Braxton Miller running 4.3‘s in college too.

I going off this:

According to ESPN Stats & Information data, only one other quarterback has run a faster time at the scouting combine -- Robert Griffin III, who ran a 4.41 in the 40 in 2012. Marcus Mariota is second with a 4.52 in 2015.

An Osu Qb that can't produce (as a QB) at the next level that has never happened. /s?

Same goes for Bama and about every other program.

I don’t see Michigan churning out QB’s or Purdue after Tom Brady and Drew Brees.

How about Clemson before Watson and now Lawrence?
How’s Notre Dame been faring lately??
How’s Cal and Texas Tech’s track records before and since Rodgers and Mahomes?

It ain’t the program, it’s the player.

Yeah it was rather pointless. Mac didn't need another Pro Day and other than Najee doing a few drills, nobody did anything. To go out of your way to have a 2nd Pro Day for nobody to run or do agility drills? C'mon.

I really wanted to see Najee's testing times. He checks every other box. Devonta looks fast but i was really curious how he compared to Waddle .

The most impressive part of the day was Dickerson doing a cartwheel.

I'd probably be willing to bet some scouts bumped Dickerson up half a round for doing cartwheels.

I agree with everyone that it was a waste of time. Which was the point. It was a staged distraction. Smokescreen.

He's a good RB/WR, though!

Nah, he’s a good QB. He has potential, he’s just not for me, as a pro.

If I didn’t have Tua, I’d have some interest in Fields but he’s not in TT’s league throwing a football.......during a game.

Nah, he’s a good QB. He has potential, he’s just not for me, as a pro.

If I didn’t have Tua, I’d have some interest in Fields but he’s not in TT’s league throwing a football.......during a game.

He is a physical specimen with an NFL arm. That's about it right now. He has decision making issues, and takes to many sacks. He is a bad QB right now.
But, just like for Lamar Jackson, if he goes to a running offense where passing is limited and they tailor the passing to a few of his strengths, and they take advantage of his running ability, he can do well.

There is a lot to like about Fields and some legit things to worry about too.

But running a strong 40 should not change anyone's mind about him.

Had he run slow it would have mattered but everyone knew he was an athlete.

I have never liked OSU but I kind of hope he ends THE Ohio State QB Curse.

Same goes for Bama and about every other program.

I don’t see Michigan churning out QB’s or Purdue after Tom Brady and Drew Brees.

How about Clemson before Watson and now Lawrence?
How’s Notre Dame been faring lately??
How’s Cal and Texas Tech’s track records before and since Rodgers and Mahomes?

It ain’t the program, it’s the player.

Its about legacy as well as sample size. BYU and Miami come to mind

That said, other programs aren't churning out players w/ the same hype that theeee osu is. Before Troy Smith, the QB Factory in Columbus was laughable at best.

Tua & Hurts may very well alter the perception of Bama QB's Plus, Tuscaloosa is responsible Stabler & Namath

Cal also produced Jared Goff. For now, Berekley >> Columbus. I'd even put UF (Tebow & Spurrier) ahead of Osu

South Bend & Ann Arbor have each produced a generational legend. The only legends OSU has produced are Art Schlichter & Herbstreit.

What about Stanford (Luck, Elway, & Jim Plunkett) & NC State (R Wilson, Finley, Rivers, Glennon)?

Georgia

Fran Tarkenton
Matt Stafford

Have the Gators ever had a good NFL QB?

Back
Top Bottom