Ohio St and Alabama Pro Day Results | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ohio St and Alabama Pro Day Results

No one that does great at the combine ever is a good player, right LMAO..the combine helps validate what you see on tape..no one said it's all that matters..unfortunately some people choose not to do the combine so it makes you wonder.
Why play the games? Let’s just have pro days since they are so so important

I never said it's all that matters. Reading skills, bro. Reading comprehension. Haha. Get with the program!

deflection And we can certainly see the newbie and the classic reading skill jab

You need to come with better around here - I kno this is your first time visiting a message board. It if you want to get noticed get noticed for something original

Look up the definition of hypocrisy hypocrite bruh

Railing on athletes who played yet strangely silent on players who skipped a season yes they should have a sweet vertical what a flamin joke do you ever read your posts

tell me again how one day compares to a season of tape??

of course these FOs will spend what amounts to peanuts to visit these players at one time and one place makes good sense - but to put all this stock on unofficial times running in underwear uncontested - really you are better than this

Last edited:
deflection And we can certainly see the newbie and the classic reading skill jab

You need to come with better around here - I kno this is your first time visiting a message board. It if you want to get noticed get noticed for something original

Look up the definition of hypocrisy hypocrite bruh

Railing on athletes who played yet strangely silent on players who skipped a season yes they should have a sweet vertical what a flamin joke do you ever read your posts

tell me again how one day compares to a season of tape??

of course these FOs will spend what amounts to peanuts to visit these players at one time and one place makes good sense - but to put all this stock on unofficial times running in underwear uncontested - really you are better than this
In 15 years on this board...i've never seen a worse troll than Gator boy...don't let him get to you.

Last edited:
The Pro Days matter more this year because of the lack of a legit Combine.

But they are still overrated as hell.

The other day the NFL channel guys were almost apologizing for their coverage of Justin Fields extra throws.

DJ almost came out and said they don't matter by pointing out that it is "fun" to watch, basically admitting that it was mostly meaningless.

Not a knock on Fields, but watching a QB throw with no defense on the field is like watching a pitcher warm up. You can see velocity and not much else.

Another thing to remember with 40 times is that it's one thing to go out and run one or two 40 yard sprints and it's totally a different animal to go out and run routes for four quarters of football. You might have your 40 yard dash speed in th first quarter, but come the third and fourth quarter nobody is still out there running at the same speed they were earlier in the day. I would love for someone to do a study about the difference in times if a player ran 30 or 40 sprints over the course of two or three hours. Even olympic sprinters know if they had to run in 10 or more events in a day it's going to impact their times.

Smith has shown as the game goes on, even with heavy usage, he still has enough in the tank to consistently beat some pretty good college corners.

There is a lot to like about Fields and some legit things to worry about too.
Exactly. Big plays all over the place. The problem is converting the little plays when you desperately need them. Fields processes slowly and tends to want everything to be crystal clear in front of him before he commits and unleashes. When he hesitates it leads to stiffness and mechanical issues.

He needs to have that Lamar Jackson mentality of really working on his craft every offseason. Jackson will never be ideal but every season you can see he ironed out some of his flaws.

A hybrid of Zach Wilson and Justin Fields would be interesting. Wilson is almost too fluid and unwilling to settle for anything ordinary. It's going to be a wild ride if he's with the Jets.

Exactly. Big plays all over the place. The problem is converting the little plays when you desperately need them. Fields processes slowly and tends to want everything to be crystal clear in front of him before he commits and unleashes. When he hesitates it leads to stiffness and mechanical issues.

He needs to have that Lamar Jackson mentality of really working on his craft every offseason. Jackson will never be ideal but every season you can see he ironed out some of his flaws.

A hybrid of Zach Wilson and Justin Fields would be interesting. Wilson is almost too fluid and unwilling to settle for anything ordinary. It's going to be a wild ride if he's with the Jets.
I think Wilson with the right coaching (reckoning back to Bill Walsh for example) has the potential to be
absolutely top shelf in the NFL. Or the kid could crash and burn if he's not developed and supported
correctly. Of course you can say that about a lot of kids -- but Wilson has really legit jazz!

The 2nd best performance at OSU's pro day was from a player not even coming out this year- WR Chris Olave. He is most likely the #1 WR in next year's draft. Cant believe he didnt declare this year with Fields leaving.

Back
Top Bottom