Ok. Gase Is Coaching Scared, But Rt’s To Blame As Well | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ok. Gase Is Coaching Scared, But Rt’s To Blame As Well

There’s no way any quarterback with absolute belief in his ability and greatness, would NOT challenge a coach for taking the ball out of his hands in the fourth quarter on back to back crucial possessions.

Tannehill has repeatedly let coaches punk him through out his career.

And, for those of us who remember, the most famous case of a QB taking charge and doing what needs to be done, and successfully ignoring the sideline:

“With his team down 24-21 late in the fourth quarter (after trailing 24-6 late in the third quarter), Marino was driving Miami down the field.

On a 2nd-and-1 from New York’s 19-yard line with 42 seconds remaining, Marino completed a pass to Mark Ingram at the Jets’ 8-yard line.”

Yeah, you got me. I'm a liar. Dan Marino never admitted to it. Neither did Matt Ryan, Colin Kaepernick, or Alex Smith, who I all saw on interviews talking about it. This, "Pics or it didn't happen" era is annoying.
Well this post is at least a little better than the one before.

But still, whatever. Raise those pitchforks

Well this post is at least a little better than the one before.

But still, whatever. Raise those pitchforks

Lol no pitchforks here. We're good. :) I'm with you on the game being competitive. I'm happy to see the players battle, but I'm disappointed that the coach failed them. Would've liked to see Tannehill take the game into his hands at the end too, but we disagree.

Gase is the Offensive reincarnation of Olivadotti. Playing prevent offense that has us running scared. He portrays himself as a hard nosed tough guy, but in reality he seems insecure and play calls like a pus*y.

RT on the other hand, is also running scared, but from his coach. RT just doesn’t have the swagger, moxy, or ruthlessness we need in a QB.

On 3rd and 10, with the game tied, any serious competitor would have overruled Gase’s sh*tty sideline call for a run play. The whole world knew the right call was to go for it. Gase called for the QB to roll over and play dead, and Tannehill kindly obliged. Tail wagging.

Here is what RT had to say:

“It’s tough to do that when you’re standing in the middle of the field and he’s on the sideline,” Tannehill said. “My job is to execute the calls that come in and do the best I can. I understand the call. I think it had the chance to work.”

Once again, he played the role of Richie Cunningham. And we need a Fonzie.

I asked elsewhere, how much freedom does Tannehill have to audible? He's in a bind. Defy the HC and audible to a pass. If it fails, the coach can justifiably say ' my way may have worked.' Too much downside for ANY but elite QBs to 'defy' a coach. And what would any sane QB say? "I knew it was a stupid call so I didn't make much of an effort?'

That said, I agree, Gase is mostly responsible, but anyone blaming any one player or coach is evidencing an agenda.

Marino sure as hell wouldn't have put up with that. Does Gase actually believe in Tannehill? That last drive says otherwise. That was a pathetic last drive attempt when you know the defense has been giving up chunk plays all day.

Were you not a fan when JImmy Johnson was the coach? Marino bitched and complained about changing more run heavy....but he did it. He probably did voice his displeasure but at that point you're talking about a HOF QB after 15 years in the league at the end of his career. His whole career was freedom to do what he wanted......what exactly did he have to "defy"?

Now we've reverted to blaming tannehill for not defying the coach.... nice.

Notice the op who is a bigtime RT hater, btw, failed to mention the Qb is still injured and coming off a few games hiatus.

Notice the op who is a bigtime RT hater, btw, failed to mention the Qb is still injured and coming off a few games hiatus.

I know but it doesn't matter. This is the same group that clamors to trade for Derek Carr and Matthew Stafford....it's a pointless endeavor really. RT could've threw for 350 yards and 5 TD's and they would be bitching about one of his throws that was off by 6 inches.

Wrong again.

If you did your research you would see that I was quite pleased with drafting RT. I also gave him 7 years to produce, which he hasn’t. Check my posts.

So, get your facts straight buddy.

For the record, are YOU still supporting RT? If so, you must be blind and.... well you get the picture

I know but it doesn't matter. This is the same group that clamors to trade for Derek Carr and Matthew Stafford....it's a pointless endeavor really. RT could've threw for 350 yards and 5 TD's and they would be bitching about one of his throws that was off by 6 inches.

That's part of what makes it so annoying. If they were being fair in their evaluations then I wouldn't have a problem with their criticism.

In this game how do you bash a hurt QB, that's missed a few games and is missing half of his offensive personnel?
Yet, the same QB gives you over 200+ yards, 2 TDs and no interceptions?

If you're not Dree Brees(Whom btw still got released by the chargers) then you're a no good QB around here.

Last edited:
Wrong again.

If you did your research you would see that I was quite pleased with drafting RT. I also gave him 7 years to produce, which he hasn’t. Check my posts.

So, get your facts straight buddy.

For the record, are YOU still supporting RT? If so, you must be blind and.... well you get the picture

Stick to your own post and talking about TODAY!!

For the RECORD I support my team! Which means as long as Tannehill is our QB I will FAIRLY evaluate him.
FAIRLY, evaluating him, taking into consideration he's still injured, he's coming off a few games hiatius AND missing half of his offensive personnel I thought he did fine and certainly wasn't the reason we lost.

I know a fair evaluation is hard for you to pull out your butt. But I have not problem doing it.

If RT isn’t “allowed” to call an audible, then that tells you everything you need to know about Gase AND RT.

RT doesn’t bite. Never has, never will

No it doesn't. That is such a ludicrous statement. Changing directions when you see coverage Id's is one thing, saying screw the coach and changing out of an A gap run scheme to a deep out is something totally different.

As another poster stated, you have no clue whether RT said something to the coach or if he pushed to be more aggressive and was overruled. This whole nonsense about "a real QB would've told the coach to F off and done what he wanted" stuff is just total ignorance. Nobody does that, elite or not. I'm shocked on how completely ignorant to reality people can get when they start grasping at straws to try to legitimize their agenda. You guys are trying WAY too hard.

Back
Top Bottom