Ok. Gase Is Coaching Scared, But Rt’s To Blame As Well | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ok. Gase Is Coaching Scared, But Rt’s To Blame As Well

We should try to model ourselves after the Rams. When the coach got there they were 32 in offense. He did what it took to get his QB, snagged Gurley and they are awesome.

That is not how it happened. Under Fisher Goff and Gurley were drafted. They went 7-9 and 4-12 (during which Fisher was fired) with Goff and Gurley on the roster and then McVay came in.

1) What occasion? His coach was calling pu**y little bitch plays one after the other. Detail for me where you saw RT play scared or not be "up to" this occasion you saw him get. Yes there were admittedly some issues but I saw him actually play quite fearless.

2) Again...where? Tell me specifically where you saw him play passive. I saw shots being taken and the ball being thrown in to windows. I didn't see a single instance of passivity. If you're trying to equate his hurt shoulder or rustiness from time off and label that as showing passive nature then that's a hard core stretch.

Bring some proof with this claim. Rise to the occasion.

ps. I have never nor do I claim RT to be the end all be all so that's not my motive here. I do however think he is much better than all of this nonsense agenda ridden ignorance tries to portray him as.

The last 2 drives. Are you suggesting he has no freedom to call an audible or change a play at the LOS? If that’s the case, he doesn’t belong in the NFL.
This has been his pattern for SEVEN years.
He teases just enough to keep you mediocre and his career record supports it.

The last 2 drives. Are you suggesting he has no freedom to call an audible or change a play at the LOS? If that’s the case, he doesn’t belong in the NFL.
This has been his pattern for SEVEN years.
He teases just enough to keep you mediocre and his career record supports it.

I know this wasn’t directed at me, but you realize a quarterback may have the ability and leeway to call an audible in most situations, but that doesn’t mean he can in ALL situations. This is not an all or nothing scenario.

I sort of do blame Tannehill for the call Gase made and here's why. Gase not only didn't trust Tannehill (and the rest of the offense) to get the first down if that was the case he could had still called a pass play and if it works fine if not the result would be the same.. a Punt... NO it's bigger than that. He didn't trust Tannehill to NOT TURN THE BALL OVER in that spot. Which is the only reasonable explanation for the run play.

You don't call an audible for just the sake of calling an audible. You have to look at how the defense is aligned. In this case I'm sure the run play called looked better since the defense was expecting a pass. So RT would be changing a play into a more difficult defensive scheme. With that being said, it falls on Gase because he should have called a pass play to begin with to give the offense a chance. No one here believed that Burkes Defense would be able to stop the Colts O from just getting 20-30 yards and kicking a FG.

Gase is the Offensive reincarnation of Olivadotti. Playing prevent offense that has us running scared. He portrays himself as a hard nosed tough guy, but in reality he seems insecure and play calls like a pus*y.

RT on the other hand, is also running scared, but from his coach. RT just doesn’t have the swagger, moxy, or ruthlessness we need in a QB.

On 3rd and 10, with the game tied, any serious competitor would have overruled Gase’s sh*tty sideline call for a run play. The whole world knew the right call was to go for it. Gase called for the QB to roll over and play dead, and Tannehill kindly obliged. Tail wagging.

Here is what RT had to say:

“It’s tough to do that when you’re standing in the middle of the field and he’s on the sideline,” Tannehill said. “My job is to execute the calls that come in and do the best I can. I understand the call. I think it had the chance to work.”

Once again, he played the role of Richie Cunningham. And we need a Fonzie.
well said, and that was exactly what i said when they ran the F'n ball on 3rd and 10.... and whats with the play calling, from my couch i was predicting what they were going to do so i'm pretty sure the other team knew as well... 1st down pass for 2-3 yards, 2nd down run for no gain, 3rd down get rushed, panic and throw the ball away... grow some balls already and mix it up! play calls were called by a scared pu$$y coaching staff that have no confidence in the QB and should be shown the door after that performance!!! man I'M PISSED!!!!

So it’s the players fault for doing what the coach told him to do? This OP is garbage

I'm no Thill defender (tho I really like the kid) buts let's NOT conflate responsibility between QB v HC

in this Gase case who (a) runs the show and (b) dictates the calls and (c) expects his orders (especially in

certain situations) to be carried out. Beyond that -- I'm pretty sure RT is NOT in charge of the team philosophy

regarding how we respond to being +10 Q4.

IMO the legit question is how "we" managed the game in Q4 and ultimately came up short.

Last I heard RT didn't chuck a pick6 nor have an INT fumble brain fart during the aforementioned time period

so I have to say -- that's 100% on the GM -- who is Gase.

In his defense, you could say he didn't want to risk a cheap TD (or golden gift) offered up via a Thill miscue or

some similar blunder by the O. Or, as a LOT of folks are claiming, Gase is just incapable

of navigating difficult waters and successfully bringing the ship home.

My take -- Gase is now fully exposed for what he is, and what he isn't.

Best Gase case = he's a young ascending coach with lots on upside and potentially many years of contribution.

Worst Gase case = he's over-matched as a HC and his creds coming into the job were significantly "overrated!"

well folks I'm not gonna read all six pages here so forgive me if its been said but …

Our system with OC and HC essentially being the same guy makes it a heck of a lot more difficult for the QB to overrule the playcall at the LoS. Think about it. We have a bad management structure that goes on and on with lots of ambiguity … eg GM too. Who is that on, hmm

Back
Top Bottom