OK, here we go...LSU vs. Miami | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OK, here we go...LSU vs. Miami

Wow, talk about not showing up. Just like Kast said, this could have been a LOT worse. LSU pretty much just ran the ball most of the 2nd half.

Coker looks really bad after a loss like this. This game reminds me of the way UF looked in their last few bowl games when Zook was the coach. Uninspired and unprepared.

I have been saying most of the year UM was over-rated. They don't have nearly as much talent on this team as on teams' past. Coker just is not a good enough coach w/o great talent. But not a good enough recruiter to get major talent. This is the beginning of the end of Coker. Just watch.

Coker is way in over his head.

I'm depressed as are the 13 other Alumni who watched the game with me last night.:cry:

This feels worse than the 29-0 thumping we took at the hands of Arizona. Only because I saw that one coming. I knew LSU had the talent to beat us. BUt not like this. :(

Dubfire said:
Coker is way in over his head.

I'm depressed as are the 13 other Alumni who watched the game with me last night.:cry:

This feels worse than the 29-0 thumping we took at the hands of Arizona. Only because I saw that one coming. I knew LSU had the talent to beat us. BUt not like this. :(

Agreed. It's just sad, that Coker has squandered the cache and drawing power of one of the premier college football programs in his short tenure here. I hope that there's a change and soon, because recruits need to see a drastic direction change before any blue-chippers will even consider Miami.

To address a couple of points I saw earlier in the thread:

• LSU didn't run up the score; Miami players failed to even challenge them...and Miami coaches stood by like Nero in the fire, doing nothing while the team burned mercilessly. LSU could easily have scored 70+ points on the 'Canes last night.
  • As to Miami running up the score; that impression is a lasting one, but not one that is justified anymore, nor has it been for quite a while. That legacy is from Jimmy Johnson and his despicable lack of class, and then from the highly successful teams of Dennis Erickson, when people simply didn't understand that Miami ran a certain high-powered offense, and couldn't change up just to satisfy the Beano's of the world - it was enough that they always put in their reserves, but the other teams just couldn't stop them anyway.
  • The comparison between Coker and Mack Brown is more justified than it seems on the surface. Both are weak coaches, buoyed by the fact that they play and recruit in talent-rich areas that are their backyards; but each has severely underachieved, lost in big games due to lack of preparation on their part, and even lost games against lesser opponents because of their personal weakness in not keeping their kids focused and on task against teams they were "supposed" to beat. Just watch: Brown will lose the game against USC in a fashion much like Miami lost last night, and don't be surprised if both he and Coker are looking for jobs soon.

the thing is, when the hurricanes are an underdog, they pretty much always win. that's the problem, they're NEVER the underdog. of course, if they continue to suck like they have recently, then they'll always be the underdog. maybe that's his plan? make them suck so bad they are the underdog and they can win!

Dont worry Canes fans the sun will rise again, trust me I thought it never would :cry:

55-19

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back
Top Bottom