OK. I'm on board. Let's overhaul the Coaching Staff. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OK. I'm on board. Let's overhaul the Coaching Staff.

dolfan19

Starter
Reaction score
I have NEVER been one to come on here immediately after a game and vent my frustrations. I try to look at it with a level head, and give myself time to cool down before I post something that will make me look stupid or foolish. But today...TODAY... I finally can say I have had it.

And the thing is, I'm not even angry. I'm not mad, I'm not upset. I AM frustrated, though. I am so sick of watching our team get absolutely NO respect from anybody. The media, the opposing fans, the other teams. Hell, from our own fans! My fiancee, who has never watched football, is even frustrated watching the first two games of this season, and can't even contemplate why I watch a team that doesn't do anything but frustrate me. Lol. I hate watching us get torn apart - especially at home. 11 out of 12? Is that right?

Our weak spot was supposed to be QB. It isn't our biggest problem anymore, and that's great. But what the hell happened to our defense? Where is our DL? Our highly-touted LB corp, that tossed aside Channing Crowder because he sucks, and somehow got WORSE? Oh, and how about that top corner tandem that we were supposed to have? Ok, so Smith and Davis haven't been bad, but if they are the best guys on the field, WHY THE @#$! AREN'T THEY COVERING ANDRE JOHNSON?! Nolan Carroll? WTF? And how about that veteran Offensive line? Offensive is the word for it, alright. Disgusting. Columbo is a joke. Hell, even Long is getting beat a good bit now. If Henne can't stand, he can't throw. But at least HE is showing some guts. I'll say that. I'm proud the way he has grown this offseason. He's one true bright spot. But I'm tired of the OL. Pathetic.

I'm also tired of announcers and pre-game shows ignoring us, or even worse DIScounting us. I mean, seriously - Berman is already counting on us to lose TO CLEVELAND!!! The announcers today made jokes about our "sell-out" crowd, where they said there were "more fans on the sidelines than in the stands." Nice. Just @#$%ing nice.

Ross, I don't know what you'll do. I only know what I would do in your place. I would start by changing the lock on Tony's office door. I would promote Nolan to interim coach long enough for the plane ride to my next interview, and ONLY until I could return with either Gruden or Cowher. Period. You want a top-notch Hollywood product? Get a top-notch Hollywood coach. A proven winner. Or the next closest relative. Pay whoever you have to pay to get aproval to talk to Rob Ryan, provided he can come equipped with Rex's playbook.

I don't give a damn. DO SOMETHING.

And this isn't to say that I don't like TS. I do. I have been rooting for him since day one. He's a blue-collar, hard working guy. But let's face it. It's been uncomfortable since Bill Parcells left. Since the Harbaugh crap. Since we gave a guy we want to fire an extension, because "we have faith that he can get us there." Crap. All crap. Hell, even HE looks like he's ready to throw in the towel during the Post Game Presser today. Did you see that? It's like the dead man walking syndrome.

Something has to happen. Soon. The Dolphins should be one of the marquee teams in all of sports. Miami is one of the hottest, sexiest cities in the country, and deserves a product that just FEELS like that. People should be killing to get tickets to our games. And we can't fill the stadium. Hollywood stars some to Miami all the time, and reside in Miami. You shouldn't have to entice them with ownership to show up. THEY SHOULD WANT TIX BECAUSE THEY ARE THE LAKERS OF THE NFL. Hell, Buffalo can fill their seats. Why can't we? A change is needed, and the only place I can see that would make sense, is HC.

For the love of God, do SOMETHING. FAST.

BTW, i would also be in favor of going after Billick or Shottenheimer as well. Get on it, Ross.

We need a talent evaluator who will bring some physical players to our team. Our guys may as well be wearing pink ballerina dresses on gameday because they tackle like scared little girls. Other teams just smash us in the mouth and our players roll over and play dead.

I reached my limit too, I have never said one thing about our coaching staff in hopes that chages they had made would get us going in the right direction. No, I can't support them anymore

Mike nolan has to be the most overrated DC in the league. Hands down.

The offensive play calling this game was just awful, what are those routes that just send mastured or whatever the hell his name is on 1 /1/2 yard slants to the side line? that play is going nowhere even on the rare occasion that he catches it.

colombo is jsut as bad as he was thought to be.

Clyde gates ?? worst returner in the league, hands down. and oh his speed is so great, all i have seen him do is get pass interference call for us.

On a lighter note we might have the best punter in the game.....

Back
Top Bottom