OK, let's put the pipe down and consider this... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OK, let's put the pipe down and consider this...

mjsexton

Rookie
Club Member
Reaction score
Here is Nick Saban's response as to if his interest in Ricky had diminished after picking Ronnie Brown:

''No,'' Saban said. ``Why would it? Two [running backs] are better than one and [Brown] played -- and I think his team went undefeated -- with two significant players in the same backfield.''

Do you support getting Ricky back and having them both in the backfield at the same time?

I wouldnt have a probplem with letting him come back

I mean seriously, if he's back there is no doubt we'd have a better chance to win! let brown start. Then let ricky come in when he needs a break

mjsexton said:
Here is Nick Saban's response as to if his interest in Ricky had diminished after picking Ronnie Brown:

''No,'' Saban said. ``Why would it? Two [running backs] are better than one and [Brown] played -- and I think his team went undefeated -- with two significant players in the same backfield.''

Do you support getting Ricky back and having them both in the backfield at the same time?

Yeah of course I do, if Ricky returns to his old form it would be amazing. Keep defenses guessing, we'd be virtually unstoppable in the running game.

Having Ronnie Brown there makes Ricky coming back a stress-free low-risk sort of thing. If he tries to return and is in prime form, they split the load. Ricky complained about so many carries anyway, and Ronnie is used to that arrangement. If Ricky isn't ready, he gets worked back in slowly.

At this point the trade value for Ricky is 0 on a scale of 1 to 10. It may never climb above 3 or 4, but he has to play and prove he is back on the meds for a season before it even reaches 1. Anybody hoping for a Ricky comeback that means he never sees our roster again is fooling himself.

Jimmy James said:
Having Ronnie Brown there makes Ricky coming back a stress-free low-risk sort of thing. If he tries to return and is in prime form, they split the load. Ricky complained about so many carries anyway, and Ronnie is used to that arrangement. If Ricky isn't ready, he gets worked back in slowly.

At this point the trade value for Ricky is 0 on a scale of 1 to 10. It may never climb above 3 or 4, but he has to play and prove he is back on the meds for a season before it even reaches 1. Anybody hoping for a Ricky comeback that means he never sees our roster again is fooling himself.

Yeah, bringing Ricky back just to trade him is crazy because right now he probably wouldn't command more than a 6th round pick. Him splitting time with Brown would be amazing. I'm just worried about whether the marginal benefit of Ricky getting 5-10 carries per game instead of say Lamar Gordon is really worth the locker room issue of players having to look at a guy that left them hanging. I know Saban said the captains are fine with it. Well if Ricky is our only back and we are winning because of him then I can understand that. But, I don't think they would be so welcoming towards him if he's just a backup.

I think the players who matter would realize they have to put up with having him there for a while for the good of the team (getting some value out of him). These guys want to win, so I think they'll keep their eyes on what matters.

We have Brown now so who cares? If he comes back then ok, if he doesn't then ok. Let's just not worry about him.

byroan said:
We have Brown now so who cares? If he comes back then ok, if he doesn't then ok. Let's just not worry about him.

That sounds like a plan to me. If Ricky wants easy work for big money, he knows where Miami is.

TarHeelFinFan said:
He's just bluffing to get Ricky as trade-bait.
:yeahthat: I say let Ricky come back and get him carries this season to help ease Brown into the NFL. Then, next Offseason trade him for a 3rd rounder or 2nd rounder.

Back
Top Bottom