Ok, now I'm confused....Are we running a 4-3 or 3-4??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ok, now I'm confused....Are we running a 4-3 or 3-4???

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Dolphins | Team could change defense
Wed, 4 Jun 2008 10:02:21 -0700

ESPN.com reports Miami Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano said the team could switch to a 3-4 defense if LB Jason Taylor does not play for the team in 2008.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

So what does this mean? If JT does play for us this season, will we be running a 4-3?

It was my understanding that we were switching to the 3-4 regardless.

I think this is a misquote of Sporano. What he said was that even if Jason were not playing for the Dolphins this year we would not change the scheme of our defense which will be a 3-4.

I am paraphrasing but I did hear the interview and I heard Coach say something to this effect when asked if not having Jason playing for him would change anything drastic in terms of the teams schemes.

I think this is a misquote of Sporano. What he said was that even if Jason were not playing for the Dolphins this year we would not change the scheme of our defense which will be a 3-4.

I am paraphrasing but I did hear the interview and I heard Coach say something to this effect when asked if not having Jason playing for him would change anything drastic in terms of the teams schemes.

Sporano specifically stated in the interview they had planned to run the 3-4, and kept Quentin Moses and brought in Charlie Anderson for this purpose, just in case JT decided not to return to the Phins.

I think that sums it up.

Otherwise, who really cares what defense we run, as long as it's effective.

Back
Top Bottom