Ok, Yes We Sucked...(merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ok, Yes We Sucked...(merged)

I agree 87...

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
Ray Lucas has HUGE class!! God I love that kind of honesty!!

He says(with a TON of conviction in his voice) "Listen guys, let's get this straight right now...Jay Fiedler is the starting quarterback of this team." "The guy hasn't had but two practices since surgery, his hip is sore...let's give him a chance." Mandich asks him, "Do you have a desire to play?" Lucas responds "being a back-up sucks...of course I want to play, but I understand my role...the coach tells me I am the back-up then that is my role...got it?"

He scared Mandich! lol

... my opinion of Lucas went up 10 fold after hearing how he defended Fiedler. Lucas is one class guy.

Oliver...

I agree 54...

Originally posted by finfan54

believe me, i saw it! he jumped 6 feet in the air from the five friggin yard line! can you say micheal jordan!!!! this kid is special people! i mean, forget shannon sharpe! this kid is better! Ill make a predicition right now, Mcmicheal will be the steal of the draft! bar none! and oh, BTW, we didnt use mcmicheal in the first quarter much at all. we saved him. he was kept hidden from sight for a while.

... there is some real nice talent on this offense, now we have to see if Fiedler can be the Fiedler of the end of '01.

Oliver...

Re: I agree 54...

Originally posted by Oliver

... there is some real nice talent on this offense, now we have to see if Fiedler can be the Fiedler of the end of '01.

Oliver...

one thing here that reminded me from what Lucas said. five days ago we were really really worried about Lucas. Lucas got all the reps, and now look! its the other way around. JF will be fine, he just needs some time in on this offense and some reps. he will still look crappy at times i feel but come a serious game, and especially against the Lions at home, i see him going full bore. and then we will have two guys we can absolutely count on.:p

I don't think this offense has one single thing to worry about other than the OL.....

Even if the OL is lame, N. Turner will adjust and make it all come together very convincingly. Just one look at all of the offenseive weapons we have this year is enough to get me excited about the offense regardless of how they're playing in the Pre-season.

We've probably only seen about 1% of N. Turners' offensive game plan. So far, it's been very effective IMO. You notice how this offense produces when R. Lucas is running it right??....Just wait until Jay finds his comfort zone. Once he does, we'll be very dangerous on offense once this all comes together.

The defense worries me more than the offense. The pass rush is certainly there this year. We've been getting good pressure on the QB from the begining.....Containing the QB once he's forced outside the pocket is another story.

We've got the players to bring the rush, they just need to get better containment, instead of flushing him for a 8-10 yard gain.

The run stuffing hasn't been very noticable. That scares me more than anything. Starters L. Chester and T. Bowens are going to have to clog those holes better once the season starts. It's still early, and the DL did do a better job last night than they did in Tampa. It's coming together slow, but it is coming together......

I think we'll be fine on defense if we can stop the run more consistantly.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I have totally changed my opinion of Lucas (still don't want him starting) but he is a very classy guy who really understand he has to wait his turn and he'll eventually get an oppurtunity somewhere. ala Jay Fiedler.

This team really has alot of kinks right now but it can be expected with a new offense, hurting QB, and a hurting DL.

What worries me is the fact we are committing dumb penalties and our OL. If we keep up the dumb penalties and poor ST play we can forget the playoffs in the loaded AFC. I think we'll get it together and perform like we should.

Let's hope we get through the preseason with few injuries, our OL sorts itself out, and we get through the Lions game with a win. After that we should start to get it together, I still don't know about that OL. It still upsets me we didn't sign more of the quality OL. (Teague, Salaam, Brockermeyer, Middleton, Ackerman, Weiner, and a few others I can't remember now. Sure most wouldn't fit or we couldn't match what they got. Some of these guys could have been ours and all would have been starters outside of maybe Weiner. Wade hasn't looked lately though and may even be our weak link on OL now.)

Back
Top Bottom