Ok, Yes We Sucked...(merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ok, Yes We Sucked...(merged)

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
Ok, Yes We Sucked...

...but can we save the doomsday stuff until the Texans game? I want to let Dave and Co. get in some solid practices, with Jay Fiedler leading them (remember he has had exactly TWO live full contact practices since his surgery) and let them get the mistakes cleaned up.

Marino had a few games where he threw a lot of picks after injury...remember the Cowboys game in 99 (I think?) FIVE int's for the greatest QB to ever play.

Jay is no Dan...not even close, but let him get settled in, and let the O line get put in place.

I think the real deal starts now.

So PLUUUUUUUUUEEEEEAAASE wait till the Texans game to officially freak (if they play bad) or pass judgement. They will game plan for the Texans, and they will play the starters through the third quarter.

ok, see ya.

Re: Ok, Yes We Sucked...

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
...but can we save the doomsday stuff until the Texans game? I want to let Dave and Co. get in some solid practices, with Jay Fiedler leading them (remember he has had exactly TWO live full contact practices since his surgery) and let them get the mistakes cleaned up.

Marino had a few games where he threw a lot of picks after injury...remember the Cowboys game in 99 (I think?) FIVE int's for the greatest QB to ever play.

Jay is no Dan...not even close, but let him get settled in, and let the O line get put in place.

I think the real deal starts now.

So PLUUUUUUUUUEEEEEAAASE wait till the Texans game to officially freak (if they play bad) or pass judgement. They will game plan for the Texans, and they will play the starters through the third quarter.

ok, see ya.

Yeah and they still pulled him out most of time because they didn't want to risk him being injured(Those two practices against bucs)..

from a team standpoint, there is nothing good that can come from these 2 games
  • we cannot stop the run
  • we run the ball
  • we have too many penalties
  • and the biggie is way too many turnovers
:cry:

How did the OL do with Spriggs and Nails starting..???

Originally posted by dolphan39
from a team standpoint, there is nothing good that can come from these 2 games
  • we cannot stop the run
  • we run the ball
  • we have too many penalties
  • and the biggie is way too many turnovers
:cry:

Actually run defense wasn't that bad from our starters....But the rest you are right on...........My biggest concerns are Oline and Special Teams....

Didn't sound like Spriggs was doing well. Dont know til I see the film.

The crowd was really behind Ray Lucas. The two best things about the game were Albert Johnson's returns, and McMichael's play. I really cannot wait to see it on film its bound to make ESPN's highlights. It was a 25 yard TD and he leapfrogged 6 feet into the air over two defenders to get in the endzone...its like what he TRIED to do against the Bucs but the Bucs flipped him and he came down just short.

Preseason or Not

...this team stunk tonight.

What an embarassment!

Time to turn it around Wannestedt!!!

I agree lets get 9 or 10 solid practices and a gameplan in place before we start to panic. If we look bad worry, if we look good the "its because we played the Texans" excuses will be flying. Its a lose, lose situation for the pessimist.

Ray Lucas has HUGE class!! God I love that kind of honesty!!

He says(with a TON of conviction in his voice) "Listen guys, let's get this straight right now...Jay Fiedler is the starting quarterback of this team." "The guy hasn't had but two practices since surgery, his hip is sore...let's give him a chance." Mandich asks him, "Do you have a desire to play?" Lucas responds "being a back-up sucks...of course I want to play, but I understand my role...the coach tells me I am the back-up then that is my role...got it?"

He scared Mandich! lol

Originally posted by ckparrothead

The crowd was really behind Ray Lucas. The two best things about the game were Albert Johnson's returns, and McMichael's play. I really cannot wait to see it on film its bound to make ESPN's highlights. It was a 25 yard TD and he leapfrogged 6 feet into the air over two defenders to get in the endzone...its like what he TRIED to do against the Bucs but the Bucs flipped him and he came down just short.

believe me, i saw it! he jumped 6 feet in the air from the five friggin yard line! can you say micheal jordan!!!! this kid is special people! i mean, forget shannon sharpe! this kid is better! Ill make a predicition right now, Mcmicheal will be the steal of the draft! bar none! and oh, BTW, we didnt use mcmicheal in the first quarter much at all. we saved him. he was kept hidden from sight for a while.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

i don t want to hear any crap about how crappy this guy was or that guy was. they all stunk! except ray lucas, randy mcmicheal, Albert Johnson, Orande Gadsden, Ricky Williams, henry Taylor, and justin severns! oh pat surtain was awesome, but we are kind of used to that now huh?:monkey:

Originally posted by finfan54

believe me, i saw it! he jumped 6 feet in the air from the five friggin yard line! can you say micheal jordan!!!! this kid is special people! i mean, forget shannon sharpe! this kid is better! Ill make a predicition right now, Mcmicheal will be the steal of the draft! bar none! and oh, BTW, we didnt use mcmicheal in the first quarter much at all. we saved him. he was kept hidden from sight for a while.

That was a great play!

Back
Top Bottom