Oklahoma new # 1 in AP Poll | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oklahoma new # 1 in AP Poll

Angneli

Practice Squad
Reaction score
After crushing Colorado, Oklahoma is at the top of the AP poll. Miami needs to come out of the gate a lot faster.

Originally posted by Angneli
After crushing Colorado, Oklahoma is at the top of the AP poll. Miami needs to come out of the gate a lot faster.
#2 is good, they only have to maintain that to get a shot at #1 for the championship, thats the poll that counts! :rolleyes:

Yeah, that 4th quarter comback **** is getting old, gotta get off "front" street and show what they got.:cool:

Originally posted by Jaydog57
Yeah, that 4th quarter comback **** is getting old, gotta get off "front" street and show what they got.:cool:
even though it was upsetting, i can understand it. kinda hard for a #1 team to get up for rutgers. i wish whoever schedules the games for miami would stop thinking about money and start bring in top 10 teams!:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Oklahoma new # 1 in AP Poll

Originally posted by dolfan06
#2 is good, they only have to maintain that to get a shot at #1 for the championship, thats the poll that counts! :rolleyes:

My point is that you are going to have to play a lot better early in the game to stay there. If you play Tennessee or Va Tech like you played West Virginia and Rutgers then you are going to lose twice.

And I actually want you to get to the Championship game. I would like revenge for 1987.

Next week I hope University of Miami and Oklohoma go down ....

All the polls are a bunch of sh*t.......I find it hard to believe that a team that gives another team a three quarter headstart, then comes back to crush them in one quarter, deserves to fall out of first place, especially if said team is defending National champion and on a 27 game win streak.....but what do I know?

Originally posted by inFINSible
All the polls are a bunch of sh*t.......I find it hard to believe that a team that gives another team a three quarter headstart, then comes back to crush them in one quarter, deserves to fall out of first place, especially if said team is defending National champion and on a 27 game win streak.....but what do I know?

Well inFIN, if the team they gave the head start to was Florida or UCLA or even a middle of the road team like BC I'd agree but it was Rutgers, the single worst team in D1 (not counting the Military schools).

Miami had a chance to destroy Rutgers from the start and get the stink of a close win on a missed FG over Florida State at home off them and didn't do it. Do they deserve 3rd in the BCS, no but they can't argue with the drop to #2 in the AP.

BCS now has OSU at #2!!!! Sorry Canes fans, but that's my alma mater... h@ll I played (read that warmed the bench) on that team!

Go Buckeyes!!!

They beet a CU team that has already lost 3 games, and wouldn't have won if CU didn't hand them the game. That 1/2 of a point that the stupid sports writers took away from the Canes is costing them #2 in the BCS. If they don't put Miami back to #1 if they win against Tenn, Pitt, and Va Tech every sports writer should lose their press pass.

The BCS is officially the dumbest ranking in the world. How are my K-State Wildcats ranked behind FSU AND UF? Yes, maybe we play no one, but at least we can BEAT them. Besides, we beat USC, and they're pretty good. Our only losses are at Colorado and Texas who is #4 in the country. And we lost to them by 1 measly blocked field goal that they blocked. We'll prove the nation come Saturday night. Bring it on Iowa State on national TV. TBS on Saturday night, we'll see who should be ranked ahead of who.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
The BCS is officially the dumbest ranking in the world. How are my K-State Wildcats ranked behind FSU AND UF? Yes, maybe we play no one, but at least we can BEAT them. Besides, we beat USC, and they're pretty good. Our only losses are at Colorado and Texas who is #4 in the country. And we lost to them by 1 measly blocked field goal that they blocked. We'll prove the nation come Saturday night. Bring it on Iowa State on national TV. TBS on Saturday night, we'll see who should be ranked ahead of who.
it just proves the old addage, " i don't care who you are, you have favorites!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dajesus
They beet a CU team that has already lost 3 games, and wouldn't have won if CU didn't hand them the game. That 1/2 of a point that the stupid sports writers took away from the Canes is costing them #2 in the BCS. If they don't put Miami back to #1 if they win against Tenn, Pitt, and Va Tech every sports writer should lose their press pass.

I thought CU had lost only two games both early in the season. To USC and Colorado State......who else. I was at the Colorado Game. They could do nothing against OU defense. Granted Colorado made it easy for them by turning the ball over. Colorado scored all of their points on turnovers otherwise it would have been a shutout.

Back
Top Bottom