Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield met "at length" with the Bills,Dolphins,Jets & Saints during Senior Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield met "at length" with the Bills,Dolphins,Jets & Saints during Senior Bowl

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield met "at length" with the Bills, Dolphins, Jets and Saints during Senior Bowl week.

The Heisman winner impressed in Mobile and is being projected as a first-round pick. Each of the teams mentioned would be a natural fit for Mayfield as the Bills, Dolphins, Jets and Saints are all seeking franchise quarterbacks. Mayfield is undersized (6'0") and has shown maturity issues, which has led to unfavorable comparisons to Johnny Manziel. However, talent evaluators have universally lauded his leadership qualities, mobility and playmaking ability.
Related: Bills, Dolphins, Saints, Jets

Source: Robert Klemko on Twitter
Jan 26 - 2:05 PM

Smoke screen. The more people we can convince that we are interested in a QB the greater chance for someone to attempt to trade up. I'd bet dollars to donuts that Gase has already called Tannehill and told him not to worry - just a draft strategy.

I like Mayfield. We won't take him though

Smoke screen. The more people we can convince that we are interested in a QB the greater chance for someone to attempt to trade up. I'd bet dollars to donuts that Gase has already called Tannehill and told him not to worry - just a draft strategy.
Nah. The Dolphins need to hedge their bets in the event Tannehill's knee explodes again. I think they're just doing their due diligence, as they should. If the best player on their board turns out to be a QB, after said due diligence is complete, you take him. Nothing against Tannehill at all either, I've always supported him, and still do. But you'd be committing franchise malpractice if you didn't do your due diligence on every QB, given Tannehill's knee situation.

Nah. The Dolphins need to hedge their bets in the event Tannehill's knee explodes again. I think they're just doing their due diligence, as they should. If the best player on their board turns out to be a QB, after said due diligence is complete, you take him. Nothing against Tannehill at all either, I've always supported him, and still do. But you'd be committing franchise malpractice if you didn't do your due diligence on every QB, given Tannehill's knee situation.
Way I look at it.. There's 5 QB potential 1st round that can go. 1 will be really good. 1 will be mediocre and win games and 3 be a bust. That's normal.

Those of you who think this FO and coaching staff aren’t seriously considering drafting a QB in the 1st rd are naive. If one of the THEIR top 3 rated QBs is sitting there at 11,I suspect they will pounce.

It would be cool if Evan Silva simply reported the news instead of throwing his 2 cents in there, which I don't give a **** about.

anyone believing Tannehill will ‘savior’ this franchise is smokin mudbucket and toad arse. that knee may not survive the next camp.

then what??

we can’t climb Mt Belichick if we ain’t got proper equipment... quarterback is the way up.

Mayfield will not be there at 11 and we are not trading up so it’s a non issue with me BUT I’m hopeful they talked at length about Mark Andrews, the TE from OU.

I’m going to hate seeing Mayfield in a Jets uniform.

Grier has said all the things that indicate to me they are not happy at qb,. go get him!

Back
Top Bottom