Okudah declares | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Okudah declares

I'd take Derrick Brown @ #5, Too good to pass up.

I‘m not saying they should take Brown at 5, but I am intrigued with the idea of drafting him and said so a few times the past few months.

Everyone wants a franchise QB, but I‘ve always felt that a team can be built to win with a dominant defensive front. We’ve seen it with the Giants, Ravens, and a few others. Even the 49ers recent turnaround can be largely attributed to their defensive front. They had drafted Armstead, Buckner and now Bosa — who helped take them to another level this season.

Adding Derrick Brown to Wilkins and Godchaux could potentially be a good thing.

But I also like the idea of adding a talent like Okudah.

Obviously the X situation is unknown but doubt he’s permanently suspended-probably a few games. We still need another cover corner. The two of them together would take us back to Surtain/Madison. In a passing league I’m all for it

I‘m not saying they should take Brown at 5, but I am intrigued with the idea of drafting him and said so a few times the past few months.

Everyone wants a franchise QB, but I‘ve always felt that a team can be built to win with a dominant defensive front. We’ve seen it with the Giants, Ravens, and a few others. Even the 49ers recent turnaround can be largely attributed to their defensive front. They had drafted Armstead, Buckner and now Bosa — who helped take them to another level this season.

Adding Derrick Brown to Wilkins and Godchaux could potentially be a good thing.

But I also like the idea of adding a talent like Okudah.
I'm a huge Derrick Brown fan and like you, I've mentioned several times in various threads about drafting him. What he did in today's bowl games was incredible. There aren't too many human beings on the planet that can do what he does. A great talent, who fits the defense like a glove. The run defense of Miami wasn't great all year, he'd go a long way in correcting that issue. But it's his versatility that makes him so attractive at #5. Today's NFL is more about Offense and the passing game. So I understand the need for a Franchise QB, but to me they are all reaches at #5. I really like Jordan Love he's the guy I think Miami will look at and quite possibly pass up one of the best DT prospects to come along in a long time. Derrick Brown is a game changer.

Okudah showed against Clemson he can be a shutdown corner going against elite WRs.

How the heck that wasn't a fumble is baffling. Ross was on his 4th step making a football move when he stripped that ball.

I think it comes down to these players at #5, Tua/Love, Brown, Okudah and Simmons.

I like Okudah a lot, no Tua I want Okudah I to was extremely impressed with his Clemson game

If Derrick Brown slip to 1b that would be excellent

Last edited:
Since Patrick Peterson was picked #5 in 2011, only two corner backs have gone in the top 5, Denzel Ward and Jalen Ramsey. It would be very rare for us to go in that direction with our pick, if Tua goes back to school, which seems likely now, I have no idea what we will do with our first pick, I feel we'll reach for Herbert or Love though but Okudah is worthy of the pick if we go that route.

Okudah showed against Clemson he can be a shutdown corner going against elite WRs.

How the heck that wasn't a fumble is baffling. Ross was on his 4th step making a football move when he stripped that ball.

Simple.

SEC officiating.

Had to make sure OSU doesn't make the national championship and possibly upset LSU.

Okudah is enormously overrated. He is 3rd round talent.

Way better value at CB in the middle rounds in this year's draft.

Dolphins need to accomplish an absolutely block buster trade with the Redskins. Dolphins trade 1st round picks with the Redskins, just three spots, and acquire Trent Williams, All-Pro LT, who they give a 5 year extension to.

Dolphins would of course draft Chase Young, and the Redskins would still have their choice of a few OT's who will be competing all off season. Now that......would be building up the lines in a very real way.

Rivera will undoubtedly be running a 4-3 defense. Dolphins could offer Godchaux. Godchaux is a very good young player but he would fit Rivera's 4-3 a lot better than the Dolphins defense. Dolphins need to go all in on DJ Reader. Reader has just finished a stellar regular season,is only 25 years old, and is an UFA. He is perfect. Reader,and Young,along with the ascending Rip Van Ginkel,Vince Biegel,and Sieler, could see the Dolphins with one of the better DL's in the league.

Dolphins may also be looking to move X. It is a great year for free agent CB's. Dolphins could easily afford to buy a couple.

Harris probably has less that 0 value, but Ledbetter was looking pretty good before the injury. If the Redskins lose Scherff they may have some interest in Deiter.

I think the Dolphins and Redskins are great match for a win,win trade.

Are you placing Love as a possible pick for #5? I don't know about that.

That's entirely possible, if Tua is not there and they are set on a QB in round 1, they will not wait till 1b or c to pick him, they will have to go with #5 just in case, both the Colts and Chargers who are potential landing spots for him, pick before our 1b.

Think a lot of people who are anti Tua need to understand this scenario is more than likely.

Tua and Burrows are the only 2 QB's I would draft - don't believe you know what your talking about when it comes to Okudah being a 3rd round talent

Herbert, Love, Fromm aren't any better than Rosen and are projects and are not elite at this point, pick 5 needs to on an elite player.

As far as Williams he need some investigating, sitting on Washington IR all year and has legal problem something about his dog killing his neighbors dog

Are you placing Love as a possible pick for #5? I don't know about that.
Yes. Miami likes Jordan Love. It's my understanding Miami has scouted Love during his sophomore season. Scouting a prospect doesn't usually start until they become draft eligible. So Miami having used draft resources to scout him before he became draft eligible, I think would indicate, they are genuinely interested. Apparently, Its EXTREMELY rare that a team, does what Miami has done.

That's entirely possible, if Tua is not there and they are set on a QB in round 1, they will not wait till 1b or c to pick him, they will have to go with #5 just in case, both the Colts and Chargers who are potential landing spots for him, pick before our 1b.

Think a lot of people who are anti Tua need to understand this scenario is more than likely.

I have no problem taking a QB you like earlier then expected, and nothing against Love, he could end up be a great QB (Nobody really knows), but I would take Fromm, Hurbert, or Hurts before I thought about Love or Eason.

Just my opinion, right now just hoping Tua is cleared to play (Even if we have to wait til 2021), and he reaches Miami at 5.

Back
Top Bottom