Okudah declares | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Okudah declares

Yes. Miami likes Jordan Love. It's my understanding Miami has scouted Love during his sophomore season. Scouting a prospect doesn't usually start until they become draft eligible. So Miami having used draft resources to scout him before he became draft eligible, I think would indicate, they are genuinely interested. Apparently, Its EXTREMELY rare that a team, does what Miami has done.

That is fine, but I think 5 may be way to early for Love.

Love is extremely talented, so I would not be upset, just a bit confused they picked him so early, when he can be had at 19 or even where the Texan's pick will be.

That is fine, but I think 5 may be way to early for Love.

Love is extremely talented, so I would not be upset, just a bit confused they picked him so early, when he can be had at 19 or even where the Texan's pick will be.

You think that kid with the type of Hype he's getting is going to be around at 19? Come on!

I have no problem taking a QB you like earlier then expected, and nothing against Love, he could end up be a great QB (Nobody really knows), but I would take Fromm, Hurbert, or Hurts before I thought about Love or Eason.

Just my opinion, right now just hoping Tua is cleared to play (Even if we have to wait til 2021), and he reaches Miami at 5.

Doesn't matter who they like, the same principal applies. If a QB in this year's draft is their guy they will have to and will use #5 on him unless they have multiple options. If it's Tua, they may even have to trade up. Taking Jake Fromm at 5 would make me nauseous !

You think that kid with the type of Hype he's getting is going to be around at 19? Come on!

The hype on him though pretty high, I have not seen it get much higher then it was at the beginning of this year.

There are a handful of QBs that are expected to go before Love, and not every team is going QB.

We will see how he does at the combines.

Doesn't matter who they like, the same principal applies. If a QB in this year's draft is their guy they will have to and will use #5 on him unless they have multiple options. If it's Tua, they may even have to trade up. Taking Jake Fromm at 5 would make me nauseous !

Well, though I agree Love give you a much higher ceiling then Fromm, Love is not as highly rated, and Fromm helped beat a good defensive team last night, so the legend of Fromm continues.

Gotta remember scouts know more than us fans. They are frequently wrong, but that's scouting for you. Their opinions are what matters to team Front Offices.

Well, though I agree Love give you a much higher ceiling then Fromm, Love is not as highly rated, and Fromm helped beat a good defensive team last night, so the legend of Fromm continues.

Fromm has way too many question marks for me:

He has the best Oline in College, yet was at a below 50% completion rate in the last half of the season. He's rarely pressured because his line is so good and one of his strengths is being able to make pre snap adjustments and set protections however when the pass rush gets to him, he has no tricks in his box to extend plays, could you imagine how he would cope behind our line ? He's got an only average at best arm. He seems to throw, one kind of throw predominantly, back of the shoulder outside of the numbers, he generally throws it really well but when he has to go somewhere else his accuracy is all over the place at times. The stats show Georgia doesn't win when he has to throw the ball a lot, I think the threshold is 30. He's not tall, but that's not a huge issue in today's game, but he is not big in frame, with no skills to get away from the rush, I doubt he lasts long in the NFL with grown ups hitting him. His hands are tiny, seriously small. And probably the biggest concern, he can't throw in the wet, thank goodness it never rains in Florida :)

He's an intelligent football player, great intangibles but the physical drawbacks are too much for me to even consider drafting him, Georgia right now must be regretting letting Fields walk away because of this guy.

I could see that, especially now with X. Howard being a little bit of a question mark. That said, I'd still say at least 75 percent chance Miami goes quarterback there --- Tua or Herbert would be my guess.

I'm a huge Derrick Brown fan and like you, I've mentioned several times in various threads about drafting him. What he did in today's bowl games was incredible. There aren't too many human beings on the planet that can do what he does. A great talent, who fits the defense like a glove. The run defense of Miami wasn't great all year, he'd go a long way in correcting that issue. But it's his versatility that makes him so attractive at #5. Today's NFL is more about Offense and the passing game. So I understand the need for a Franchise QB, but to me they are all reaches at #5. I really like Jordan Love he's the guy I think Miami will look at and quite possibly pass up one of the best DT prospects to come along in a long time. Derrick Brown is a game changer.

Brown, Godchaux and Wilkins could be pretty good!

:lol:

Really like Okudah but rather draft QB and OL this year. Then next year go get Pat Surtain II. 6’2” with speed and a lot of starting experience. Plus the legacy pick would be awesome. Was able to meet Pat Surtain on dolphins Cruise and he was such a cool guy, I’m hoping we can land his son

I don’t think I can do it top 5. Pretty sure Tristan wirfs will be higher on my board.

I could see that, especially now with X. Howard being a little bit of a question mark. That said, I'd still say at least 75 percent chance Miami goes quarterback there --- Tua or Herbert would be my guess.
I just don't understand these kids today. That whole situation could have been avoided. Kind of worried they'll cut him, if the league eventually disciplines him. He made his own bed, now he's going to have to sleep in it. I'd completely understand if they drafted Okudah.

What's your biggest issue with Okudah that has him out of your top 5 ?
He’s the only person on earth who doesn’t. iF we don’t go QB CK thinks he may be our guy. Definitely top 5

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom