OL Analysis... From: Chris Shashaty | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL Analysis... From: Chris Shashaty

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
From time to time I share another phin site with you if the subject bares some interest to what we're talking about. Chris has been doing analysis for Phins.com for each area of the phins. Phins.com is the site that actually led me to come to this board, he shares the info of phinfans site to check out. Anyway I thought the analysis on the OL was solid and wanted to share it with you. The only parts I disagree with is his characture of Speilman drafting Whitney and Wade S. Those were with Wanny's oversite..Carey is defintely on Speilman's clock. Here's the info: do you agree with it.

Position Analysis: Offensive Line

wow, considering what most reports we read say, im suprised we arent a better running team...

but that was definately the best OL analysis i've read in awhile

Great Read!!!!....Thanks.

The only locks appear to be James, McIntosh, and Hadnot.....

We need Carey and McDougal to make an impact this year. They could both do wonders under Houck IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I, for one, agree completelly with Chris's assessment of our O-line. The more I look into it the more I see LT as a glaring hole. If we dont develop (or draft) a true bonafide LT to protect his blind side Feeley will undoughtely continue to struggle. I can see a good competition between Mckinney/St Clair/Smith at center. Also Im glad we got McDougle at RT. Hadnot and Jeno will continue to give good guard play. But LT? Can Carey play there?? Is Mcintosh (when healthy) the answer? Can St. play good enough at LT? tOO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!

What ever happens I just hope it includes Carey as a starter I would HATE to see him riding the bench again.

PHINSfan said:
I, for one, agree completelly with Chris's assessment of our O-line. The more I look into it the more I see LT as a glaring hole. If we dont develop (or draft) a true bonafide LT to protect his blind side Feeley will undoughtely continue to struggle. I can see a good competition between Mckinney/St Clair/Smith at center. Also Im glad we got McDougle at RT. Hadnot and Jeno will continue to give good guard play. But LT? Can Carey play there?? Is Mcintosh (when healthy) the answer? Can St. play good enough at LT? tOO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!

Okay, let's find a left handed QB, then he could see the DE on that side, and the opposition good DE's will have to move to the right side of our OL, with our better T's. This gives us a chance.. :lol:

I guess we can go back 2 years and see what McIntosh did in SD, did D. Brees have time. I can't remember, but Jason gave them fits, and I'm sure other teams Left DE had good games against them..that's why SD let McIntosh walk. They get a better line and all of a sudden, D. Brees is signing an extension...SEE the PICTURE AJ Feeley haters.

How of the OL regression was due ineffective coach vs maxed-out talent?

A very good article and it shows that Miami needs improvement everywhere on the line. That does include James. The problem I see with the OL, is that Miami may be depending on Houck too much as a miracle worker. Though he did miracle work with the Chargers, we have to hope another miracle happens in Miami.
I do see improvement this year, mainly becuase there is no where to go but up. Houck has his work cut out for him. The signing of McDougle helps greatly at right tackle. McKinney at center has shown nothing, physical tools or not. He needs to improve drastically or try someone else at center.

NorFlaFin said:
How of the OL regression was due ineffective coach vs maxed-out talent?

Or not playing your best 5, i.e, Whitney starting in front of Hadnot, simply because of draft status. Whitney was forced in there, not because he was ready. If Wanny would have done it right. Last year's starting OL should have been:

Wade (1st game), James, Mckinney, Carey, St. Clair.

By season's end. McIntosh, James, Hadnot, Carey, St. Clair

Pretty solid analysis. Thanks for posting it. To me, the wild card this year for the o-line is Hudson Houck. He is highly acclaimed league-wide. Also, if DMac is back 100%, LT may not be as bleak as it appears.

supertek said:
Pretty solid analysis. Thanks for posting it. To me, the wild card this year for the o-line is Hudson Houck. He is highly acclaimed league-wide. Also, if DMac is back 100%, LT may not be as bleak as it appears.

Chris seem to give McIntosh a good report, when healthy, but doesn't think he's the long term solution. I agree, we haven't had a steady LT since Web left, and it's cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom