OL Article from Scout.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL Article from Scout.com

Boik14

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The only thing Im not so sure I like is that he seems to believe McKinney can do the job. He hasnt shown that yet.

http://dolphins.scout.com/2/388145.html

Some higlights:

"I think we have enough talent in this offensive line to be pretty good," Houck said. "And I think with a good running back, which I think we have, and our quarterback is developing very well, I think we have enough there to win some games."

Houck worked wonders with a San Diego line last year that started two rookies, a fourth-round pick (Nick Hardwick) at center and a seventh-round pick (Shane Olivea) at right tackle, but don't call him a miracle worker.

On the contrary, Houck believes in the idea that an offensive line can only be as good as the rest of the team, and he used as an example his great lines in Dallas in the early 1990s when the rest of the team includes stars like Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin.

Houck also isn't overly concerned about the youth on the Dolphins offensive line, pointing out that guys like Rex Hadnot, Seth McKinney and Stockar McDougle all might be relatively young but all have starting experience.

As far as what he wants from the Dolphins offensive line, it's pretty simple, really.

"To be very, very simple, our job is to move people," Houck said. "We are people movers, and we try to do that as efficiently as we can with the fewest number of steps and with leverage and attitude."

'our quarterback is developing very well' I assume means AJ? Sounds like even tho Gus has a head start, that Houck expects AJ to start.

bigmiamifan said:
'our quarterback is developing very well' I assume means AJ? Sounds like even tho Gus has a head start, that Houck expects AJ to start.
Didnt specify which one. I would assume he means it in general terms to the affect of "Our qb situation is developing well"

Boik14 said:
Didnt specify which one. I would assume he means it in general terms to the affect of "Our qb situation is developing well"

I guess if you had to said which is developing and which one is developed, you'd have to assume AJ is developing, since Gus is more developed in this O. If he said our QB's are developing nicely, then you may not assume a QB..

I wouldn't read anything into any comments on the quarterback situation at this point, especially from the coaching staff. They aren't going to come out and say that so and so is struggling at quarterback.

Im just wondering why some ppl think Mckinney will be better this year. he was our worst O lineman last season. I thought if anybody wud be out of a job this coming season it wud be Seth.

FanMarino said:
Im just wondering why some ppl think Mckinney will be better this year. he was our worst O lineman last season. I thought if anybody wud be out of a job this coming season it wud be Seth.

The prior year, '03, he was a fine center and in fact convinced the coaching staff and virtually everyone on this board and others that Tim Ruddy could go. Give the Oline a "do over" for last year, the coaching staff failed them especially Tony Wise who as I've said in other threads had retired but forgotten to tell the payroll department.

Back
Top Bottom