OL ......not much upgrade for now ??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL ......not much upgrade for now ???

I am OK with the 24 hours but with the money spend, I really think we would have been wise to sign 2 solid Guard to put next to our draftee OT......and with the Kilgore release, center is a concern too.

I don't understand why spend this amount of dollars on Byron Jones, sorry but the CB draft pool would have been solidified with 2 or 3 draftee CB (gladness, Hall, Danser or others) for many less money......

Could of had Glasgow or Conklin for a little more money. Flowers signing is disappointing. Hes avg at best. Stats dont lie. The defense side though, those are rock solid foundation pieces.
Maybe just maybe they didn't want to sign here..... Players have a say too.

The names being mentioned on this thread....LMFAO!!!
Seriously Golic! Someone actually used Golic as a reference? Must be a troll, has to be!
Conklin? A freaking name is all he is, he should be a RG, because he is nearly the worst starting OT in pass blocking proficiency!!! Him leaving Tennessee is an upgrade, the Browns prove they dont know crap if they signed him for improved Pass Blocking FFS!!

Stop looking for NAMES! Whether it's a player or a commentator and his validation.....its all bullcrap!

And one of them was an ex-Miami Dolphins player who knows the NFL so don't play stupid like who is Golic and Wingo?

Golic is angwe little guy because the big bad Don Shula cut him, so I rarely listen to anything he has to say when it comes to Dolphins.

FA set's up the draft which has good Tackle prospects and good Center prospects but weak at Guard. Not the best G signing but maybe a good one, has potential just needs to play up to it. Also week at Pass Rusher after the big one, and we added two. (I know, Lawson? huh?) Adding a solid corner makes X either toe the line or trade bait. If we keep him then less need at corner = more trade and draft opportunities.

Well we do have 14 picks in the draft so maybe they want to upgrade the OL in a different way other than free agency.

2020-nfl-draft-111719-ftr_1upwylbvhzeub1jlak4nwsyk7v.png

I'm not much for the tinfoil hat theories and i don't think much of Grier, but i do think it's possible they're not throwing money at OTs right now because it may tip off who they like at QB in the draft.

For instance if they paid a RT a bunch of money, that would circumstantially support they are fond of a certain left handed QB.

Flowers went from an 84% pass block win rate in 2018 as a T to a 92% pass block win rate as a LG last year.

At first I thought this was a solid move as he is only 25, a former top 10 pick and appears to have found a position he may be able to excel. Of course being proactive in FA means guys signed early are going to be overpaid according to what pundits think is fair value for the player.

But now that I hear the universally recognized OL gurus Golic and Wingo think this is a bad move I'm terribly concerned.

For goodness sake why didn't Grier and Flores run this by Golic and Wingo first!?

I think Miami will sign at least a serviceable starting offensive lineman before the draft.

In the draft, the Dolphins will likely go very heavy on offensive linemen.

Back
Top Bottom