OL ......not much upgrade for now ??? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL ......not much upgrade for now ???

There are a bunch of NFL Guards who 1) started out as Tackles, but were found to be ineffective in space. And 2) got much better as they aged, learned more dirty tricks, and put on weight.

Flowers is 25 and follows in this tradition. He was over drafted and then failed as he played out of position...

Now, he's our best lineman... at least until the draft.

There are a bunch of NFL Guards who 1) started out as Tackles, but were found to be ineffective in space. And 2) got much better as they aged, learned more dirty tricks, and put on weight.

Flowers is 25 and follows in this tradition. He was over drafted and then failed as he played out of position...

Now, he's our best lineman... at least until the draft.

He may even end up being better than many think...like many of these signees...they are in their prime and ascending!

Golic & Wingo are "Totally Shocked" what Flowers got paid. Said he is out of the league with his play in 3 years if he wasn't drafted that high. So think before you react to my posts. I'm negative for a reason. When you root for a team that doled out more money than any other in 10 years. I'm not a happy camper. Sorry!!
I heard tackle position he sucked but they moved him to guard he was decent

You all ought to all crawl out from under your Armando rocks and start listening to national media. Here in NYC, the capital of the world, nobody is more informed about the goings on in the NFL than we are, sorry to inform you. So you can all laugh and make jokes about ESPN and Greeny and Golic and Darlington but here we're not sunburned in the brain. Over and Out!!
I suspect there are bright people in many cities. Why the vitriol? FA signings may or maynot workout, just like draft picks.

girl-school-bus-looking-sad-middle-finger-flipped-off-1386380570I.gif
What movie was this gif from

So is this our current depth chart?
LT ?
LG Flowers
C Evan Boem
RG Dieter
RT Davis

We could get some depth pieces in FA but the main guys are gone.

Which means we will have to improve the offensive line in the draft. Which is a terrible prospect given Grier’s history in drafting lineman. Given his history, we will overdraft and they will underperform.

We could get some depth pieces in FA but the main guys are gone.

Which means we will have to improve the offensive line in the draft. Which is a terrible prospect given Grier’s history in drafting lineman. Given his history, we will overdraft and they will underperform.
They're certainly putting themselves in position to have to overdraft OL... And even then, trying to fix urgent OL needs through the draft is risky business... ie. Did Deiter fix anything during his rookie year?

I suspect there are bright people in many cities. Why the vitriol? FA signings may or maynot workout, just like draft picks.

I don't mean to be vitriolic however when I was being attacked left and right for my opinion I came out swinging......

Last edited:
So is this our current depth chart?
LT ?
LG Flowers
C Evan Boem
RG Dieter
RT Davis

I see Dieter competing with Boehm for the center job and Davis kicking back inside to guard. Assuming Tua's our pick at #5 (the QB market is setting up so we won't need to trade up), we grab a starting RT with our next pick (we may trade up for that) and then a LT in the mid-rounds to compete with Davenport and Webb.

I don't mean to be vitriolic however when I was being attacked left and right for my opinion I came out swinging......
People can disagree and argue with civility. I get that. But when you routinely degrade every single move it gets old. So much to the point I have to wonder why you're a Dolphin fan at all.

You can find a point /counterpoint to every argument. You don't have to follow the masses but there are many positives that this team and it's fans can rally around. Some people choose to let these things play out before raising their pitchforks.

Back
Top Bottom