Happy 20th Finheaven!
- Mar 5, 2004
- Reaction score
- State Hospital somewhere in Pa
While I may disagree with your opinions, I do love that you stick to your guns manBecause I want the best, I don't want to look at 3000 prospects. Here, look at this. Go to nflcombineresults.com for any tackle you want to search, for example Ronnie Stanely combine results.: https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=22166
It tells you right then and there what the success factors are. Let's draft that!! I don't want to look at film of anyone else.
I think, and hope, that you're correct. Draft three, let the two best start, and use Davis, Flowers, and Karras anywhere you need. I would also not be opposed to picking up another veteran or two. We need a massive overhaul on the offensive line. It's time to control the point of attack...Thoughts on thread...
1. Davenport will be cut; at best... he's a bad third tackle.
2. We wont draft a Guard early and possibly, not at all. Most of our 'keepers' are IOL.. and will fight for one spot. Flowers will start at the other.
3. Flowers is NOT a Tackle anymore... he wont play RT for us unless disaster strikes.
4. Karras and Davis are signed to back up contracts. They KNOW going in that they'll be replaced as soon as possible and have signed contracts that say they are willing to take this demotion without sulking.
5. We will take three offensive linemen in the first 3, maybe 4 rounds.
Definitely can't pass block on the edge. That's why I wonder if he would be better inside at guard. Not saying a starter, but that would give him another opportunity.I think Davenport got cut or not going to be resigned. worst OT Ive seen in a long time. He doesn't belong anywhere near a football stadium.
Landing Andrew Thomas and Lucas Niang would be ideal. Add in an interior guy in round 2 like Lloyd Cushenberry in round 2 and I would feel really good about the potential and depth on OL. Although I doubt Miami would use 4 top picks on OL assuming we trade 2 for Thomas, and use one on Niang and one on Cushenberry.The option might be move up from 18 to get one of the big four tackles, move down from 26 to get Niang/Prince/Wilson somewhere in the second or third and to replace what you gave up to get your premier tackle.
Peters could be an 1or2 year option if you end with a developmental project like Charles who will need time.
LT Thomas (move up)
RT Niang (move down)
Depth is Dieter/Isadora (they did trade for him after all)/Davenport (unless they find another swing tackle) and another which maybe a late round IOL or the resigning of Bhoem who is better than Calhoun even if he costs a bit more.