OL - one man's opinion | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL - one man's opinion

I think our OL is significantly better than it was last year AND we still haven’t made it to the draft yet. Flowers Karras and Davis are a capable starting interior, albeit a rather “unsexy” one. We have guys who are quality depth like Davenport and Dieter. If we come out of the draft with at least 1 of the top 5 OT I think we have a decent unit. It won’t be elite, but I don’t see us leading the NFL in sacks either.

Obviously, before the draft

Projected 2020 Dolphins offensive line as of 3/23:

Left Tackle – Julien Davenport
Left Guard – Ereck Flowers
Center – Ted Karras
Right Guard – Michael Deiter
Right Tackle – Jesse Davis

is it ever so clear that we are drafting two tackles in round 1?

Find the LT AND IOL in this draft. Unless the Phins hit on a late round OT, look to address and replace Jesse Davis next year with the 2 first round picks that are available.

The Phins have too many holes on the roster to try to fix.

is it ever so clear that we are drafting two tackles in round 1?

Can't say I hate this idea, I'd be really into it if we grab a QB say at pick #5. While the line won't be a finished product this season we'd assuredly be heading in the right direction. Then the new league year in 2021 equals arrow pointing up. So hard to be negative about everything that's in motion currently.

It would be discouraging if they did not have all those draft picks.

Remember, this rebuild does not have to be completed by May 2020.

They do not have to get every piece they need NOW.

They will have another FA period with Cap Space and then another Draft with extra picks.

Patience.

Im okay with Davenport, perhaps if they draft a LT he can move to right side, or stay at LT if they draft a RT. Karras can stay. Dieter and Flower at LG can stay. I'd target a RG in late rounds, Simon Stepaniak. Next year the Bama RG is coming out, maybe they'll have a chance to take him with all the picks.

Something like this perhaps:

LT: Cleveland (or the right side)
LG: Dieter, (Flowers)
C: Karras
RG: Davis, (Stepaniak)
RT: Davenport (or the left side)
So you think (or want?) that our freshly signed LG is going to sit on the bench? Makes sense

So you think (or want?) that our freshly signed LG is going to sit on the bench? Makes sense
I don't care if he starts. I listed him, his name is on my list. What is the problem? You want me to list him as the shoe-in starter? Okay, no problem, will do.

Obviously, before the draft

Projected 2020 Dolphins offensive line as of 3/23:

Left Tackle – Julien Davenport
Left Guard – Ereck Flowers
Center – Ted Karras
Right Guard – Michael Deiter
Right Tackle – Jesse Davis

With this in mind, I think LT and RG are the two early targets in the draft...I hope they use some of the day three picks on guys to compete and develop.

IF at the end of the 3rd round, this team doesn't have at least two lineman drafted, it is going to be bleak...

I don't care if he starts. I listed him, his name is on my list. What is the problem? You want me to list him as the shoe-in starter? Okay, no problem, will do.
Its just questionable considering all of your other posts. I'm not still not sure if youre doing some weird trolling, or if you truly do have such a strange set of parameters for every single position. It really limits you and the guys you list / listed before..... idk man. idk.

Its just questionable considering all of your other posts. I'm not still not sure if youre doing some weird trolling, or if you truly do have such a strange set of parameters for every single position. It really limits you and the guys you list / listed before..... idk man. idk.

Because I want the best, I don't want to look at 3000 prospects. Here, look at this. Go to nflcombineresults.com for any tackle you want to search, for example Ronnie Stanely combine results.: https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=22166
It tells you right then and there what the success factors are. Let's draft that!! I don't want to look at film of anyone else.

OT Success Factors.jpg

Hope not, he played decently at the guard position last year, tackle years prior, not so much. He's limited hard to hide his deficiencies when playing tackle not as critical at guard he has more help inside. He fits better there IMO, but then again, I'm not a coach...
Yea, I like him better at G too, but these guy's like to tinker and we NEED 2 tackles...

Back
Top Bottom