OL - one man's opinion | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL - one man's opinion

I think there will be a few more pieces to play with when it all begins. If one thing is for sure, they are unpredictable... lol
It's also a bad draft for that position, we had to sign someone. This kid's big and bad, now let's see him play.

Because I want the best, I don't want to look at 3000 prospects. Here, look at this. Go to nflcombineresults.com for any tackle you want to search, for example Ronnie Stanely combine results.: https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=22166
It tells you right then and there what the success factors are. Let's draft that!! I don't want to look at film of anyone else.
While I may disagree with your opinions, I do love that you stick to your guns man

Thoughts on thread...

1. Davenport will be cut; at best... he's a bad third tackle.
2. We wont draft a Guard early and possibly, not at all. Most of our 'keepers' are IOL.. and will fight for one spot. Flowers will start at the other.
3. Flowers is NOT a Tackle anymore... he wont play RT for us unless disaster strikes.
4. Karras and Davis are signed to back up contracts. They KNOW going in that they'll be replaced as soon as possible and have signed contracts that say they are willing to take this demotion without sulking.
5. We will take three offensive linemen in the first 3, maybe 4 rounds.

Thoughts on thread...

1. Davenport will be cut; at best... he's a bad third tackle.
2. We wont draft a Guard early and possibly, not at all. Most of our 'keepers' are IOL.. and will fight for one spot. Flowers will start at the other.
3. Flowers is NOT a Tackle anymore... he wont play RT for us unless disaster strikes.
4. Karras and Davis are signed to back up contracts. They KNOW going in that they'll be replaced as soon as possible and have signed contracts that say they are willing to take this demotion without sulking.
5. We will take three offensive linemen in the first 3, maybe 4 rounds.
I think, and hope, that you're correct. Draft three, let the two best start, and use Davis, Flowers, and Karras anywhere you need. I would also not be opposed to picking up another veteran or two. We need a massive overhaul on the offensive line. It's time to control the point of attack...

I'd be happy if they draft 3 OTs and 2 IOL in this draft. Other than our current starting 4 (cut Davenport asap), our "backups" are XFL-tier scrubs, hell our current best 4 is probably backup level.

We need ideally two high round OTs (1-3rd rounds), then the rest in later rounds.... You've got to have better depth because injuries happen every week at OL. You've got to plan on 2 of your 5 starters not even finishing the season on average. We lost so many last season that Davenport was an improvement of JaMarcus Webb lol that's so damn depressing.

We will draft at least 2 tackles in the draft. We have too is the only position going into the draft that has been totally neglected. Still sad we didnt sign Conklin!

Is Danny Isidora still a Miami Dolphin? If so, he's another one to factor in at guard.

I think Davenport got cut or not going to be resigned. worst OT Ive seen in a long time. He doesn't belong anywhere near a football stadium.
Definitely can't pass block on the edge. That's why I wonder if he would be better inside at guard. Not saying a starter, but that would give him another opportunity.

The option might be move up from 18 to get one of the big four tackles, move down from 26 to get Niang/Prince/Wilson somewhere in the second or third and to replace what you gave up to get your premier tackle.

Peters could be an 1or2 year option if you end with a developmental project like Charles who will need time.

LT Thomas (move up)
LG Flowers
C Karras
RG Davis
RT Niang (move down)

Depth is Dieter/Isadora (they did trade for him after all)/Davenport (unless they find another swing tackle) and another which maybe a late round IOL or the resigning of Bhoem who is better than Calhoun even if he costs a bit more.

The option might be move up from 18 to get one of the big four tackles, move down from 26 to get Niang/Prince/Wilson somewhere in the second or third and to replace what you gave up to get your premier tackle.

Peters could be an 1or2 year option if you end with a developmental project like Charles who will need time.

LT Thomas (move up)
LG Flowers
C Karras
RG Davis
RT Niang (move down)

Depth is Dieter/Isadora (they did trade for him after all)/Davenport (unless they find another swing tackle) and another which maybe a late round IOL or the resigning of Bhoem who is better than Calhoun even if he costs a bit more.
Landing Andrew Thomas and Lucas Niang would be ideal. Add in an interior guy in round 2 like Lloyd Cushenberry in round 2 and I would feel really good about the potential and depth on OL. Although I doubt Miami would use 4 top picks on OL assuming we trade 2 for Thomas, and use one on Niang and one on Cushenberry.

Tua at 5. Move up with 18 and 56 to land Thomas. Pick up Ruiz or Niang at 26. Take Swift, Dobbins or Taylor at 39. That’s gonna be my ideal scenario come draft day

We will take a tackle in the first. Unless we trade up.
We will probably take 2 more interior linemen in the later part of the Draft.
We will carry at least one undrafted linemen into camp.
We will sign some street level talent for the line too.
This F.O. and coaching staff don't value the OL as much as the fans do. I don't see us taking 3 or 4 OL in the first three rounds.
Just the way I see it - I am hoping we invest more in the OL than I think we will

Let me take a crack at why I don't see a Guard drafted at all.

One. So many Guards in the NFL are failed Tackle prospects. Very few College Guards are special enough to jump into the NFL and then be... well... special.

Two. We are elbow deep in potential Guards currently. Nearly every player still on our roster is thought to be a better (or possible fit at) Guard. Let's take a look.

Deiter. Drafted at Guard, also plays Center
Karras. Center, can play Guard.
Calhoun. UDFA pure Guard.
Isidora. Guard only
Davenport. Tackle bust, might move inside.
Flowers. Tackle bust, DID move inside.
Davis. Starting at RT, but has asked front office to specify whether they see him as a Tackle or a Guard.
Sutherland/Pankey. Barely on the roster as Guards

That is a LOT of Guards for a team with exacly one half of a Tackle. (Davis)

Have to fix this OL.
LT: Trade for Trent Williams. 2021 2nd Rd. Cut Wilson. Save 9.5mill.
Cut Davenport Save 2.3 mill
Cut Tankersley Save 1 mill
Cut Hurns. save 2 mill.

LG: Flowers. Decent. Not great. Dieter backup.

C: Draft Ruiz- depends on Board.
Consider at #18 or 26 or Cushenberrry/ Henessey #70 Compete with Karras.

RG: Davis. Compete with Karras/Isodora

RT:Draft Top 4 Tackle at 18.
If they’re gone- Niang #26 or Jones#26 or Driscoll #70. Davis backup.

QB at #5..
FS and RB sprinkled in between OL picks.
#18 - could be OT, could be Center or wildcard like a Lamb - Jeudy- Chaissson.

Back
Top Bottom