OL question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL question

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
I just read todays article on dolphins podcast. All talk about the OL.
They seem to feel the front office is satisfied with our current guys - better coaching for Liam and better coaching and health for Jackson.
The author did feel we might resign one of last years guys like Snell, Little, or Fischer.
I really do not have great confidence in this plan.

Last edited:
I think Eichenberg will surprise people. He was an excellent college player who in year one in Miami played in a crap offense. He switched positions last year then got injured.
I wouldn't give up on Eichenberg yet. That's my personal feeling. I think he's going to be at worst solid once he settles in.
Unpopular opinion, I know. But college players like he was tend not to flat out suck in the NFL (USUALLY!) without an injury situation or coaching. Maybe he will suck, but I want him to get one more shot.

I just read todays article on dolphins podcast. All talk about the OL.
They seem to feel the front office is satisfied with our current guys - better coaching for Liam and better coaching and health for Jackson.
The author did feel we might resign one of last years guys like Snell, Little, or Fischer.
I really do not have great confidence in this plan.
Is Fangios scheme going to play to the strengths our guys do have?
Lost me Frangio is DC not OL.
Or you talking Frangio just for D?

I think Eichenberg will surprise people. He was an excellent college player who in year one in Miami played in a crap offense. He switched positions last year then got injured.
I wouldn't give up on Eichenberg yet. That's my personal feeling. I think he's going to be at worst solid once he settles in.
Unpopular opinion, I know. But college players like he was tend not to flat out suck in the NFL (USUALLY!) without an injury situation or coaching. Maybe he will suck, but I want him to get one more shot.

Hoping for the same for Jackson.
Showed some positives as a rookie then The O just blew up with Flo not much help.
Last year again brief flash or two but injury killed it.
He is still young and learning so if they can get a decent OL coach [uncertain about Butch] he may still prosper.

That's a good post. He was playing fairly well when he got hurt, I'd say we give him a chance. Injuries derailed AJ as well, I'm interested to see if he bounces back

Hoping for the same for Jackson.
Showed some positives as a rookie then The O just blew up with Flo not much help.
Last year again brief flash or two but injury killed it.
He is still young and learning so if they can get a decent OL coach [uncertain about Butch] he may still prosper.
Yeah, I don't know what to think about Jackson, but I'm hoping we can find out. I'd give him a shot, but I'd like them to have Shell ready to step in, just in case.
Next off-season, RT would then have to be priority one if Jackson flops. Most other positions would be relatively set for the last year of Tua's rookie deal.

Yeah, I don't know what to think about Jackson, but I'm hoping we can find out. I'd give him a shot, but I'd like them to have Shell ready to step in, just in case.
Next off-season, RT would then have to be priority one if Jackson flops. Most other positions would be relatively set for the last year of Tua's rookie deal.

Wouldn't be surprised if they drafted some OL help, after TE seems the most needed.

That's a good post. He was playing fairly well when he got hurt, I'd say we give him a chance. Injuries derailed AJ as well, I'm interested to see if he bounces back
Well count me on the other side of the coin. I think Jones played better and never should of lost the job when Eich returned.

Jackson I still have a little hope for if he can stay healthy.

The plan of ‘force feeding’ these guys as starters to me is the most concerning position on the team going into next year- with TE right behind it

I don’t think the team is just fine with who we got but I think they're done for now adding players till the draft. I said this before, once the draft is done the team will see what they need and after the June cuts they could make a move or two.

As for Eich and Ajax, I think they'll both get a chance in camp/pre season to see if the team can count on them or not. They're going into camp pretty much as starters but not guaranteed that they will start week one. They need to earn it.

Not ready to give up on Jackson or Eichenberg but for me OL is the one glaring issue with this entire roster. I don’t think we should have spent big trying to replace those two guys but I’m not at all comfortable with the lack of competition.

Feeney will hopefully at least put pressure on one of the guard spots or maybe even be able to start at Centre and allow Williams to move to left guard. But that right tackle spot scares the daylights out of me. We all know the season, playoff and Super Bowl hopes hinge on Tua’s ability to stay on the field. Right now the biggest question mark on the roster is on protecting his blind side which is nothing short of illogical.

I hope they bring in a guy capable of competing at Right Tackle in training camp and to at least act as a backup swing tackle. There are still some serviceable guys on the market so I’m hoping someone like George Fant is brought in once we have the Byron Jones cap relief in June.

If that’s not on the radar or plausible I don’t see how they can afford to not draft a tackle at 51.

Wouldn't be surprised if they drafted some OL help, after TE seems the most needed.
True, but with limited draft picks, I wouldn't expect them to draft a plug and play right tackle.
I'd hate to see them draft a player who needs more time then put him in in place of Jackson, just to play worse.
Unless they're going to draft that RT with their round 2 pick, which I don't foresee.

True, but with limited draft picks, I wouldn't expect them to draft a plug and play right tackle.
I'd hate to see them draft a player who needs more time then put him in in place of Jackson, just to play worse.
Unless they're going to draft that RT with their round 2 pick, which I don't foresee.
Depends on how confident they are in Eich and or AJ.
If it is low then 2or3 may be used.
If high then depth at 6/7.
My hope is they both succeed so depth is added.

Adding to the above comment they may draft high regardless even if they don't use the pick to play many snaps but just develop him.
They need to resign Connor and Hunt so gives them a possible cheaper option.

Back
Top Bottom