OL question | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL question

For the record I asked what you’d be doin… How about showing how you really feel and ditch that ****in goofball Mac love avatar - fer starters. Then we’ll start talking about your meds… Ha ha just kidding

Plus it hurts my eyes to look at that smilin Alfred E. Neuman face a his and at least think bout yer boys! What if they see that ****. It’s friggin embarrassing man… There I said my peace. 🤠
I don’t know how to…some guy got mad at me for raving against a jackass post making fun of the patriots jackass qb…

I got upset bc our damn dolphin fans imho sincerely have no grounds to bitch about other teams players when we are 9-8. So I Said so and the dude added the avatar but I’m technologically limited so I don’t know to get rid of it…

Help would be appreciated…

Yeah Winnayson - An Easy’s bein nice to you there… Don’t you soon forget that he holds the keys to Bigbry’s locker… He’ll lock you the **** up! Ha ha ha ha ha
Sorry being an Aussie being a smart arse is in my nature. Haha all love easy rider

I think Eichenberg will surprise people. He was an excellent college player who in year one in Miami played in a crap offense. He switched positions last year then got injured.
I wouldn't give up on Eichenberg yet. That's my personal feeling. I think he's going to be at worst solid once he settles in.
Unpopular opinion, I know. But college players like he was tend not to flat out suck in the NFL (USUALLY!) without an injury situation or coaching. Maybe he will suck, but I want him to get one more shot.

Except he really wasn’t. He was propped up because he came from Notre Dame, who is notorious for producing quality lineman. He had a good combine and pro day that really helped his case too. However his tape showed the obvious flaws. In shorts and tshirts he look agile and fast, but in pads he looked awkward, a bit slow and clumsy (footwork). It was especially evident against anybody with speed. He also lacked punch and wasn’t able to anchor very well. They thought strength training would help this. Help, sure, completely reverse a severe problem ??? Unlikely. His training camp weigh in will tell slot. If he’s still around 305 and playing guard, it’s game over, the strength training obviously didn’t work.

I can appreciate the hope and optimism, there are plenty of other reasons for it. However Eichenberg is who he is, a guy who’s ceiling is bottom tier mediocre or complete replacement level.

Last edited:
Except he really wasn’t. He was propped up because he came from Notre Dane, who is notorious for producing quality lineman. He had a good combine and pro day that really helped his case too. However his tape showed the obvious flaws. In shorts and tshirts he look agile and fast, but in pads he looked awkward, a bit slow and clumsy (footwork). It was especially evident against anybody with speed. He also lacked punch and wasn’t able to anchor very well. They thought strength training would help this. Help, sure, completely reverse a severe problem ??? Unlikely. His training camp weigh in will tell slot. If he’s still around 305 and playing guard, it’s game over, the strength training obviously didn’t work.

I can appreciate the hope and optimism, there are plenty of other reasons for it. However Eichenberg is who he is, a guy who’s ceiling is bottom tier mediocre or complete replacement level.
That's enlightening. I read a bit about him and watched a bunch of Notre Dame games and never heard a bad thing.

I do not have confidence in Liam. Seems to me we will have same questions about him next year.
Jackson is a different story. I'm okay with him starting at RT with Armstead at LT. The problem here is depth.

I would wait for a guard until UDFA. For example, best bet guards on my list are ranked on PFF site in 300s: Sidy Sow #347, John Gaines #344, Anthony Bradford #278. Not to mention players who are not even ranked like Alex Palczewski IL, Marcus Minor PIT, Junio Angilau TEX. It's not worth it to spend a pick on a guard. There will be excellent guards available in UDFA.

Depth at tackle is another story. I do not think there are many good tackles in the draft. After the first round, there are three tackles who are draftable, Bostick, Duncan, and Freeland as a project. Those guys are very likely to be drafted and not reach UDFA. So, you gotta pick one, I think.
I would also definitely resign Shell, because he looked okay last year.

That's enlightening. I read a bit about him and watched a bunch of Notre Dame games and never heard a bad thing.
I seem to recall he looked great at this pro day too, although to be fair he was going up against this guy-

rudy-movie.gif

"Bad" might be overstating it, but there were many who felt he had a limited ceiling as a Tackle for sure, and there were those who doubted he would be a good guard, as well.

Back
Top Bottom