OL & Wade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL & Wade

finfan77

Starter
Reaction score
I've been sitting here watching the fins waffle back and forth on Wade and the entire OL .....

IMO, I would try and bring in Derrick Deese and start him at LT and shift Smith over to Wade's old spot RT. Draft a LT who we can take the time and develop under the supervision of Deese.

Signing Deese would be cheaper than Wade and would give us the flexibility to bring in 1 Top shelf OG or 2 better then average OG's.

This offseason is moving very quickly and while we do have some room to manuever I fear that we have mortgaged the future to make it happen this year..... Trying to insert Whitley and the other young OL we have at this point would totally against the direction that this teams seems to be going.

Wade Smith is too light and lacks the bulk or strength for the right side. We are changing 3 to 4 fifths of this line. Moving the only player who may remain at his prior spot to a position he has never played before would be a mistake and a step backwards in his developement.

Derrick Deese would be a good aquisition, as the #1 guy off of the bench as the swing tackle and guard, a spot they sorely need and currrently have no one to fill it. Spencer Folau would also be good in this role as he too could play any spot on the line other than center.

I can hear the gloom and doomers now......."what is DW doing now, bringing back a player we let go a couple of years ago??? S. Folau, what a waste."

The sky is falling!!!!

Back
Top Bottom