OL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL

Davis due to his new contract, Dieter because he is a rookie and Boehm showed some positive signs - may stick perhaps as guards or back up's the rest are on notice. Hard ask to overhaul the entire line but I could see at least a new LT and Centre for next season and the others having one more year to prove themselves or be replaced.

Boehm is here to stay. Davis im fine with at RT. The rest should be replaced, though give Deiter another year to prove
Would Dieter be better if we had a FA LT? A guy experienced and good. Is there one?

The OL need starting caliber talent, I agree that what we have now looks to be backup, with a chance of development. I do not know about Grier but I think that blaming him for the OL woes from the last decade is very short sighted. Rickey quit the team after Wrong-stadt promised to get him some help on the OL, we have had trouble there ever since. Pizza Boy had a halfway decent line that blew up with the Martin-Richie thing. We have not had POR guards in a decade. Dieter, Boehm, Shaq, and Prince may be a (good) start, but there is little evidence of that now.

OL has been up and down. Unfortunately when they are down it's VERY down. And it's honestly been most of the OL. Some of it is honestly the constant shuffling, some of it is bad play.

Satire I assume. What should be different?
The front office. Grier has been in this organization since 2000...can you name one, one OL that we've drafted outside of the 1st round that was any good? Even the ones drafted in the 1st haven't been all that good.

If we have only solid back ups on the OL now, wow what a long way to go

The front office. Grier has been in this organization since 2000...can you name one, one OL that we've drafted outside of the 1st round that was any good? Even the ones drafted in the 1st haven't been all that good.

The closest to good outside of round 1 were Rex Hadnot, about 6 games of Donald Thomas, and... I guess Samson Satele was ok?

The closest to good outside of round 1 were Rex Hadnot, about 6 games of Donald Thomas, and... I guess Samson Satele was ok?
Rex Hadnot yes...the other two no...well, maybe Satale was ok for a couple seasons. Donald Thomas was not.

Vernon Carey Jr looked good (20 points 10 rebounds) tonight for Duke in an upset loss. At 6'10 270 maybe we could get him to put on a few pounds and switch to his daddy's sport.
I remember Vernon Carey being a penalty waiting to happen, as well as being over powered a LOT.

Hard to say who the keepers are, to many injuries and poor play.

Dieter, Boehm, Shaq, Prince and Devenport from the Houston trade

Looking like were getting the 3rd pick in the draft if everything goes well and more than likely drafting LT Andrew Thomas that's my guess
More than likely won't draft another offensive lineman until the 3rd or 4th round, what they do in FA is anyone's guess

On a contending team, all 5 would be replaced. In a more realistic scenario, we are prob forced to keep Davis (signed new contract) and Deiter (only bc he was a draft pick). Deiter has been absolute garbage, and Davis should prob move back to RG as he hasn't been much better than garbage at RT. Long term, I would want Davis to by my swing backup at multiple positions but not necessarily start.

Hopefully we can sign an elite RT plus another starter in FA, and draft Biadacz or Humphrey to play C.

I think of Carey Sr as one of Miami's top 5 offensive linemen of the pass 10 or 15 years. Long and Tunsil at tackle, Carey (even though he mostly played tackle for the Dolphins) and Incognito at guard, Pouncey at center.

I believe if you put Boehm and Davis on the right, and one way or the other replace the left side if the line and the Center position...Miami could be in good shape.

I would get a premium LT for realistic money (not saying we shouldn't pay for the position, but can't pay insane money) , then get a cheaper but solid remaining Guard.

In the draft get a quality Center (Either with pick #3 in 1st round, or in the 2nd round), and get another Tackle/Guard that can play either side.

Let the Center slowly work his way to the starting position, while hopfully the guys you took in FA (L-Tackle starting, compitition between guards except Boehm) will be able to start on the left, Boehm and Davis on the Right, and Kilgore at center until the Rookie is ready.

FA...best guard...Kilgore (Draft)...Boehm...Davis

Deiter will get a chance next year to start again. Boehm should start at Center imo. Davis makes a good swing tackle/guard.

Really we can use 3 new starters. My ideal would be to get two in free agency and to draft one to go along with Boehm and Deiter.

Pretty sure Prince will get a chance to stick next year as well.

Back
Top Bottom