OL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
I do not receive games on tv and just hear radio.
What holes are on OL?
Dieter, Davis- can they start next year?
Shaq- back up?
How did Prince do?
We need a LT and C?

Our entire OL is replaceable. Every position could be upgraded through the draft or FA next season. That being said I’d imagine Deiter, Price, Davis, Calhoun and Boehm will be around next year. Of all the guys on the roster right now I’d say Boehm is the best and most likely to start at RG next season.

Our entire OL is replaceable. Every position could be upgraded through the draft or FA next season. That being said I’d imagine Deiter, Price, Davis, Calhoun and Boehm will be around next year. Of all the guys on the roster right now I’d say Boehm is the best and most likely to start at RG next season.

Well boy aren’t we in luck, when it comes to finding OL talent no one’s better than Chris Grier!

Would we be ok with new LT, RG Dieter, C Kilgore, RG Shaq, RT Davis?

I hope the phins get Biadasz or Humphrey late first or early second. Use a pick and be done with the center position for a while. I haven't done much research on tackles but if we can get one in the second that would be fantastic. Andrew Thomas may be an option with our first pick depending on how things play out.

If we had a line of

Thomas
Dieter
Biadasz/Humphrey
Boehm
Davis

I would say we are heading in the right direction. I think that would go a long way in helping Dieter too if we got Biadasz who was his teammate at Wisco. If we can get the running game going I would be fine on rolling with Rosen and see how things play out with him and if it doesn't work out then get QB next year.

Reactions: BSQ
Boehm is here to stay. Davis im fine with at RT. The rest should be replaced, though give Deiter another year to prove

Kilgore can't stay healthy. We should be looking for a cheap, young upgrade in my opinion. Hopefully Dieter and Shaq can develop. Would be good to bring in comp with later draft picks and cheap FAs. Davis can play anything but C so is a keeper for a while.

Outside of the QB next year imo the getting a running game put together to help both the rookie QB and rest the defense would be my priority. But seeing us chase Clowney early in the year I expect the DE position will get a lot of attention. QB, DE, OL, RB, OL, S, CB, LB

I would echo what others have said. I'm not sure there is one keeper on the line, at least in terms of starters.

Davis has probably been the best of the group. Deiter has struggled, but I'm hopeful he can improve.

It should be a huge focus in the offseason. I would expect the Dolphins to sign two starters in free agency and to spend a couple of high picks on offensive linemen in the draft.

Vernon Carey Jr looked good (20 points 10 rebounds) tonight for Duke in an upset loss. At 6'10 270 maybe we could get him to put on a few pounds and switch to his daddy's sport.

Not really.

Davis seems to have assumed to role of a leader and was given an extension but has played very badly.

Kilgore has been poor and has struggled staying healthy.

Shaq Calhoun has not seen much time to be fair, but I don't think expectations are high.

Dieter has been bad but it's a tough ask for a rookie to come into this shitshow and be productive.

I would say new LT, LG Dieter (to see if playing with better players can elevate him), new C, new RG, new RT

Evan Boehm can fill in for C or G, Davis can be the swing tackle.

Our offensive line troubles goes back further then Grier and his tenure as gm.....

True. Unfortunately the failure to draft/develop OL also spans his entire tenure as scouting director which for the GM is usually the most trusted voice in the draft room.

Back
Top Bottom