Old Dolphins(and other) games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Old Dolphins(and other) games

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else see this? Do you know anything about it?
On Sunday, they ran an ad during all the games all day long with two guys talking about classic games, classic players, all at the touch of a button,... and they mention the Ice Bowl, The Drive, etc., then Franco Harris turns and says "and the immaculate reception?"

I am inferring from this ad that the NFL is creating some sort of database where you can order re-plays of old games, maybe thru your satellite, or your computer. Does anyone know anything about this?

I mean, it makes sense. Web sites are popping up all over that sell or trade videos of old games, and the NFL is making zero dollars on this. Since there is apparently a demand, they could do this "pay per view" of old games, make $5-6 bucks a game, and add yet more revenue. I would certainly buy old games. Plus, the quality would be better than some re-dubbed recording I buy on the web.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Oh, sorry, and to make this more Dolphins related, wouldn't it be cool to be able (for us who weren't old enough) to see Super Bowl 7 and 8, also to see first hand classic games like the Chargers-Dolphins overtime playoff game from 1981, the Spike, and other old Dolphins playoff victories? Maybe rewatch some of those Marino clinics from 1984?
Happy Thanksgiving!

That would be really cool. However I think its probably got to do with the new NFL network. They will probably run the classic games and let thouse lucky enough to get the network be able to watch them.

could this be what they were advertising: http://www.warnervideo.com/profootballdvd/video.ind.superbowlix.html

P.S. I found this on SI site it is awesome: way to view all SI covers w/the Phins on them

i.e.
0917_thumb-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom