OLT B. Smith Hurt Again?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OLT B. Smith Hurt Again??

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I saw it on the news yesterday where he was carted off the field again....Apparently from an injured calf muscule.

This guy is bothering me at LT, and so is the thought of moving M. Dixon over there once Training Camp starts....

We needed a LT all off-season long. Dave and Rick both failed to address that problem by hoping B. Smith/M. Spriggs could return healthy.....Well, what now??

I hope it's not serious, but no matter what, it's not good news considering his recovery isn't complete. The LT position is becoming a serious problem. All mini-camp long, the guys have been getting beaten badly on the left side.....

Moving M. Dixon over there isn't the solution either.

If we do that, it sound like from what I've read that Dave is going to have L. Searcy and J. Nails play OG. L. Searcy I can handle, but J. Nails or T. Perry on the other side doesn't sound very good....

What happened to T. Perry anyway??....He came in last year, and completely flopped at RG. Is he expected to improve at all this year???.....He better.

PHINZ RULE!!!

:monkey: JETS SUCK!!!

See my list for 5 players we CAN'T afford to lose post...

OTs are #2 on the list...:(

T. Perry is a LG and had injury and health probs w/his mom to deal w/in 2001. So T. Perry c/b better at LG in 2002 if he can beat out Nails

I'm tired of this injury SH*T! Can we ever have a healthy team?? The Raiders are always healthy, the Rams are always healthy, the Bills are always healthy (ROB JOHNSON DIDN'T COUNT!!) What the F**K!!!!

Was that this year or last...what was he doing? Was he practicing on his own..since mini camps are over. Not one news outlet seems to have that story, and I would think that's big news in Miami,,especially since he was slated as the starting LT.

The last practice was Friday. I too can't find anything on this, so maybe someone messed up.

I can't find anything about an injury and Pro Football Talk is usually quite good at picking up on injuries that teams won't talk about (see Jets OL...Mawae, Randy Thomas, Jason Fabini...)

Perhaps he just had really bad leg cramps as a result of the heat. That could easily get someone carted off the field but they would be most likely be fine within a couple of hours thus, no injury report.

To be honest with you I almost hope that Brent hits a bump in the road injury-wise (nothing serious) so that it will be enough to pull the trigger on moving Dixon over. Dixon would be a more servicable LT than Brent Smith I believe, and it will help us find out what guys like Jamie Nails, Troy Andrews, Seth McKinney, and Todd Perry are really made of.

I really fear the coaches getting too gun-shy to take the chance moving Dixon to LT and as a result putting up with far worst LT play...much like we did last year.

The passing game goes nowhere if your QB's blindside is not protected, and sure we used slide protections and quick drops effectively last year to avoid sacks, but our offense suffered dramatically as a result. It might have been at least part of the reason why we had no running game, and why Fiedler had so many INTs.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
To be honest with you I almost hope that Brent hits a bump in the road injury-wise (nothing serious) so that it will be enough to pull the trigger on moving Dixon over. Dixon would be a more servicable LT than Brent Smith I believe, and it will help us find out what guys like Jamie Nails, Troy Andrews, Seth McKinney, and Todd Perry are really made of.

I really fear the coaches getting too gun-shy to take the chance moving Dixon to LT and as a result putting up with far worst LT play...much like we did last year.

The passing game goes nowhere if your QB's blindside is not protected, and sure we used slide protections and quick drops effectively last year to avoid sacks, but our offense suffered dramatically as a result. It might have been at least part of the reason why we had no running game, and why Fiedler had so many INTs.

I AGREE! 100%

I know I saw it on WSVN Sports News the other night. They even showed the footage of him being taken off the field.....

They said he strained a calf muscule. May not be serious enough to list anywhere else, but they had it on the news....

I live in Ft. Lauderdale, and it was on channel 7.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
I know I saw it on WSVN Sports News the other night. They even showed the footage of him being taken off the field.....

They said he strained a calf muscule. May not be serious enough to list anywhere else, but they had it on the news....

I live in Ft. Lauderdale, and it was on channel 7.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Are you should it wasn't a repeat coverage of last years injury as the news sometime shows old stuff and you see the end of the boardcast, and thought they were talking about this year's event?

Back
Top Bottom