Omar Is Actually Leaving. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Is Actually Leaving.

What the albino sheep **** is a Basenji??????
Basenjis are small African hunting dogs that typically never bark. The most recent DNA studies show it is the oldest of all domesticated breads.

My AVITAR is part of a group of Basenjis looking at you and trying to figure out "what the heck you are talking about". Perfect for an AVITAR on the forum - LOL

They are both a sight hound and a scent hound. They are known for stubbornness and very high intelligence. They are normally hard to train because they "are not particularly interested in pleasing you".

Mine finished 3rd in her obedience class of about 15 animals, just behind a Golden Retriever and a Shetland Sheep Dog. She sat crookedly when we "heeled" and on the long sit/stay command she would eventually lie down. On the long down/stay command she would eventually sit up. These guys can be irascible without even trying hard. We owned this breed of dog as a house pet for over 30 years, so there must have been something about them that made it worthwhile - LOL

I raced her for 3 years up in Dayton, Ohio (I lived in Cincinnati at the time). It took 3 years before any of the Afghan hounds could beat her. She (Bagel the Basenji) and a whippet (Willy the Whippet) were the fastest dogs on the course and won most of the races. There was a Greyhound who ran, but he liked to lay back until the lead dogs were 25 yards or so ahead, then run them down. He was fast, but his "run them down" technique wasn't too effective on a course that sig zagged.

There was a Walt Disney movie called "Goodbye my Lady" - a story about a boy who lives in a swamp and finds a dog. He trains it to hunt birds. That Dog is a Basenji. You can find this movie on "you tube". Why not watch it. The season doesn't really start for another couple of weeks.

Yes, they can scent and point birds at 50 yards. they may have the best "nose" in the dog world, just behind Bloodhounds. They have better noses than Beagles. I know this because it was brought to my attention by a Beagle breeder I met.

Last edited:
I wouldn't even know who he was, if people here didn't hate him and keep talking about him.

The View has TDS. Finheaven has Omar Derangement Syndrome.
Same here. I don't go on Twitter or whatever else there is, and I don't follow any so-called "sportswriters" or "talking heads", whether they're employed by a newspaper or some other form of media. I also have no desire to watch podcasts. I have no clue what "The View" is.

In an article, I like reading about actual facts, not someone's opinions. I come here for opinions! :UP:

My wish has come true! Hopefully his replacement will actually care about the team and not try and hurt them like Omar did. I would not be surprised if the Dolphins are the reason he is leaving. After the interviews he did trying to hurt the Dolphins, he should never be allowed in the building again.

OH! it's a dog type!!!!!! Ok. I thought we were talking about some step cousin of the skunk ape's feces or something.

I Understand Will Ferrell GIF by reactionseditor
One of these 20 pound "cousin of a skunk ape" has been known to kill, gut and eat full grown 150-pound deer. This happened in Virginia about 10 years ago. It was his second deer in two years.

They are used to hunt small to medium game in the jungles of Africa. The Pigmy's use Basenjis as hunting dogs to this day. When they were used to hunt Gorillas, the natives used basenjis with "docked" tails in order to limit the gorilla's ability to catch them by their tail. Thier tail curls back over their hind quarters, offering a "handle" for the gorilla to grab. An interesting note - the first Basenji to get to Americ came in as a stow away on a ship from Africa. It had been inadvertently locked in the storage area of the ship and survived 10 days without food or water. That Basenji had a "docked" tail.

When folks tried to get the first shipment of Basenjis ready to ship to America, they penned up 12 of them to load on the ship the next morning. When they went to load them on board the next morning, there were only 7 left, the others had escaped - one of the more advanced skills most basenjis enjoy, and they do enjoy it, as often as possible - I found out the hard way. - LOL

Of the remaining 7, the pregnant female was never found when they went to unload. The others had been shipped in a cage with some young gorillas. There is a picture of them in a newspaper article. The Basenjis are driving the gorillas up the side of the cage.

Well, you did ask.
Don't get me started on Basenjis or you will regret it - LOL

Are basenjis like leprechauns?
Short answer - YES - LOL
They are small, bothersome and can do anything they want - and do.
They make the Irish look like "cosmopolitan suckers".
They actually make most people look like "cosmopolitan suckers" and take full advantage of that - LOL

My wish has come true! Hopefully his replacement will actually care about the team and not try and hurt them like Omar did. I would not be surprised if the Dolphins are the reason he is leaving. After the interviews he did trying to hurt the Dolphins, he should never be allowed in the building again.
Go Dolphins - Thats a plus
Go Omar - Thats away - LOL

So does anybody have any news on where Omar is actually going?

He’s mentioned in a couple tweets that he’ll still “be around” and it doesn’t sound like he’s heading to Pitt.

I like Omar, I’d he off base sometimes? Sure we all are. But some people have a stick up their rears bc they just want rainbows and sunshine. He calls it like it is.

I like Omar, I’d he off base sometimes? Sure we all are. But some people have a stick up their rears bc they just want rainbows and sunshine. He calls it like it is.
"But some people have a stick up their rears because they just want doom and gloom"

See how that works - LOL

Enjoy your "Lemming" juice this year - justifications won't exist - LOL

Back
Top Bottom