Omar Kelly admits he once tried to shoot a man | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Kelly admits he once tried to shoot a man

Mando was right until he got into him sucking as a soldier. The Vietnam vet sounded like a clown and was inappropriate to me until Mando went with "sucking as a soldier" bit.

Not good on either front.

He also went on to say it was NOT self defense, but "survival" because of how rough his childhood was. Um, whether your childhood was bad or not, attempted murder is still attempted murder. I wonder if the Sun-Sentinel is aware of this?

Omar is so gangsta bro. REAL OG.

So much hate and judgement, guys! Is there a local beat writer that you're actually happy with?

for some reason fans hate for writers to be critical of their teams in any way whether right or wrong. It happens w/ every team.

I'll say this. The Sun Sentinel LOVES threads like these about Omar on message boards. They LOVE the attention Omar attracts to the newspaper by him being the way he is on Twitter. It's quite literally his job to be that way.

So nobody here is getting any closer to their goals of getting Omar fired by starting threads, commenting about him, sending stuff to Deadspin or Pro Football Talk, etc. This is all stuff that helps Omar stay exactly where he is doing what he's doing.

Incidentally if you managed to get off an email to one of the Rotoworld guys that populate Florio's blog I'm sure they actually would run with the story. They really hate Omar for some reason.

So much hate and judgement, guys! Is there a local beat writer that you're actually happy with?

Andrew Abramson ( @AbramsonPBP ), who I believe took over for Ben Volin, has been fine so far. He's just been reporting, not being preachy or editorializing too much.

for some reason fans hate for writers to be critical of their teams in any way whether right or wrong. It happens w/ every team.
some fans hate bias, useless generalizations and exaggerations. so forgive us if we don't nominate you to write for the Dolphins.

Who friggin cares. We dont know the context of what he was describing.

Hard to say what he was thinking. Perhaps he was just trying to be honest. Or perhaps he's jealous of all that controversy Armando drew to himself when he made fun of Vietnam veterans and was handed a suspension by the Herald...has to one-up him...I dunno.

Chris Kouffman for new Dolphins beat writer. I'm down.

You guys give this guy way too much attention.

I can only speak for myself but I'm fine with criticism. He's just not good at his job. He's unprofessional, condescending, ghetto, and iliterate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skip bayless and espn ruined sports journalism. Espn is nothing more than a gossip channel for men. Outside of highlights and sports science, they offer nothing of substance.

And once everyone saw how popular skip got for saying outlandish things, now others want to copy him to get the ratings, twitter followers, $.

MY problem with armando and Omar aren't that they say stupid things, it's that they don't even do there main job as a best writer at all. They have no inside sources, and are constantly wrong, on top of that neither can even put together a proper ally written article. How did these guys even receive college degrees, let alone have jobs.

Back
Top Bottom