Omar Kelly Tried To Convince Jarvis Landry To Skip Training Camp Last Year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Kelly Tried To Convince Jarvis Landry To Skip Training Camp Last Year

This confirms my instinct that Omar is a troublemaker who seeks to throw hand grenades at the team whenever he gets the chance. His delight in any bad news for the Dolphins is obvious and he appears to want the team to fail badly. In another era, sports reporters just reported the news, but today it's all about being a personality and getting more clicks to measure success.
I support any move to get Omar fired. I also support any move to ban him from covering the team. Keep him as far away from the players as possible.

I think people are confusing a reporters job with the job of a columnist. Reporters report the news and stay unbias, while columnist, such as Kelly, are often paid to stir the pot. A good column should either inform, entertain or incite. There was a time where you had entertaining sports columnist, such as Edwin Pope, but today it's easier to just stir the pot. I'm not wild about it, but it's clear he's doing what the Sun Sentinel wants him to do. He wouldn't have the job for a nearly a decade if they were unhappy with his work.

Couldn’t imagine Darlington ever doing anything like this. I guess that’s why he gets the national spotlight now and Omar is still a wannabe. Maybe omar should take some notes on how to be a professional

He blocked me just for telling him his podcast with Miko Grimes was embarrassing. They both talked up Sam Beenner like he was our best lineman lol.

I remember him ‘blasting’ the Dolphins for messing with him and shuffling him on and off the active roster.

I would hope the Dolphins front office would be more in the know than a random poster and if this did happen I'm sure they'd respond accordingly

There's a lot of crying in this thread.

Omar cares about the players, which is why he told him to hold out. This isn't new news. He admitted this a long time ago. He said that he tells players all the time it's a business and tries to get them to realize that. I'm not a fan of his, but good for him. The players deserve to get all the money they can during the few years they get to play. It's a very risky job.

There's a lot of crying in this thread.

Omar cares about the players, which is why he told him to hold out. This isn't new news. He admitted this a long time ago. He said that he tells players all the time it's a business and tries to get them to realize that. I'm not a fan of his, but good for him. The players deserve to get all the money they can during the few years they get to play. It's a very risky job.

I don't think crying means what you think it means.

If Omar cares that much about players, then he should be an agent, and good for him if he wants to do that. He's *supposed* to be a journalist. The responsibility as such (although that has admittedly blurred) is to report news, not BE news.

While I agree having and expressing a opinion that could cost you your job or allienate a sourse for your news like the coach or owner of the phins is not a wise choice imo but thats what people do wether it poltics or whatever. Jarvis likes playing football alot so it doesn't surprise me he didn't hold out and good for him.

I don't think crying means what you think it means.

If Omar cares that much about players, then he should be an agent, and good for him if he wants to do that. He's *supposed* to be a journalist. The responsibility as such (although that has admittedly blurred) is to report news, not BE news.

He doesn't have to be an agent to care about the players. I understand what you're saying, but it's not a big deal to me. You think other journalists don't give players advice? Of course they do, but he's Omar Kelly, so anything he does is bad according to public opinion.

Bottom line is people don't like Kelly making suggestions to players that counter what some fans want. Kelly tells Landry he should hold out of camp to get leverage in negotiating and fans are upset he's not being unbias. But seriously ask yourself would you still be upset if he urged Landry to sign a contract offer last season? So it's not Kelly getting involved that bothers you as much as him making a suggestion you disagree with. And what does it matter, seeing that Landry didn't follow his advice anyway. Also is it that he gave Landry advice privately that bothers you? If he had written a column suggest Landry hold out would the response be different because it was done in his column?

I don't see anything wrong with it. Today's "journalist" moonlight as "activist" all the time.

meh its like I said before voluntary workouts and OTA's...ill follow (even though he doesn't get the pleasure of me being a confirmed follower) because he post the most out of any of the other beat writers, which is good and bad. he has his favorite players and you cant tell him crap about them or say anything negative about them or you hurt his feelings. plus I find it kind of humorous sometimes when he gets on his god complex sometimes, he literally tweeted one time paraphrasing "they were trying to over charge me for my car repairs, I told them to GOOGLE ME, so they googled me and then they fixed the car for less" or something crazy like that. that's good reading to see how filled with oneself someone can be, only negative is you have to wade through a lot of bs to see actual reports. I did used to like comparing the writers though, Mando would say something like beautiful pass from RT to JL for a TD for 10 yards, Omar would post on the same topic "excellent 50 yard td catch and run by JL" like wut?!

… but it does sound consistent with what we know of Omar. Wants the Dolphins to lose, has his own agenda

I don't like BLOWmar but one thing I know for sure.. He is definitely a big Dolphins fan. Just look at his face hiding a big smile when we win games.

Back
Top Bottom